Europe in Feb 2013

Search

Europe in Feb 2013

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Europe in Feb 2013

Hi, me and my boyfriend (age 26-27) wish to have a vacation in europe somewhere between 19-25 in february 2013. We will be then exactly 3 years together and thats the only time we can take a vacation this year. we already visited (alone/together) paris, barcelona, london, madrid. We dont want ski, and we are not really the kind that like pubs/parties. We like to see beautifull places and landscapes, fortress, gardens and animals. We like less museums of art. We like to walk outside in the city between sites, and i love speciel markets outside (like in barcelona). february can be very cold and rainy, and that can ruin the trip, but last year we visited barcelona at this time of the year and it was great. Please advise us were to go in etoupe this time of the year. Thanks! Ann
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 12:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
where are you coming from?

if, as i suspect, it's the US/Canada, then your dates really give you very little time actually to do and see anything.

the obvious omission from your list is Rome - if that's all the time you have, I'd go there.
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Original Poster

Hi, accualy im from Cyprus, so im not that far from most of the places... We really want to visit Italy, especially North italy which we heard is beautifull, but we dont want to ruin the experience on a bad weather. We hold Argentina and north italy as best for honey moon hopefully when we get there... But Rome is definitly our best option in mind. Thanks
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 02:04 PM

For beautiful places and landscapes you can't beat Venice. You're not going to find much in the way of gardens in February and I'm not sure what type of animals you're looking for.

Either split the time between Venice and Rome (2/4) or stay in Rome only for the 6 days.
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 03:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
mm - cyprus.

have you looked at the flights that you can get from cyprus to Venice and Rome? [and are we talking north or south? if northern cyprus you have to fly via Istanbul, i believe, which will add to your travel times].

it may actually work out easier to fly into one and out of the other depending on the times of flights.

easyjet.com is a good place to start.
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 04:52 PM

If you want to see any scenery - even brown and crunchy - you will do better south of the the Alps. As soon as you head north of that you are in snow territory - and it might seem really cold to you (colder than just chilly rain). The big cities offer a lot to see and do all over europe - but if you want to avoid snow and freezing temps stay south of the alps.

(You can get snow as far south as Rome, but it's much less likely.)