euro fly to europe, cheap and easy?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just heard about a new airline flying out of the US called Euro fly, but I cannot find info. Please email me if you know anything. [email protected] We want to go next April to Italy.
Old Sep 17th, 2006, 02:14 PM

Hi littlear, if you go to Google and type EuroFly into the search you will see lots of articles. Sounds like it is a charter airline and only flies from NY to Palmero, Naples and Bologna etc and only in the summer. But I just glanced at the info so you will want to research the various articles.

May I also suggest that Fodorites emailing you with knowledgable info defeats the purpose of Fodor's. When the information to a question is posted on your thread then any Fodorite who is also interested can read the post. Best wishes to you in finding a good flight to beautiful Italy next April.
Old Sep 17th, 2006, 02:26 PM

BTW putting your email address on an open forum is an EXTREME bad idea
Old Sep 17th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Neopolitan

I agree with LoveItaly about how information here should be available to all and not privately emailed.

Perhaps littlear is ahead of us, alanRow? That hotmail address is not likely to be his regular email address and could be set up strictly for this purpose.

Old Sep 17th, 2006, 04:02 PM

I used them last year for Bologna. There were no complications. I believe that the question has come up here a couple of times, so a search should turn up more responses.
Old Sep 17th, 2006, 04:29 PM
rex

Fodors provides us the opportunity to share our e-mail address, you know?

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Sep 17th, 2006, 10:00 PM

We used Eurofly in June/July JFK/Palermo route and found it very good - no complaints and no problems. There were the usual transatlantic perks such as tv's in cocah class with movies/shows/games for all ages and the food was good. We paid a decent price too!
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 12:48 AM
bellastarr

I flew Eurofly from NY to Naples and back from Palermo to NY recently-
No problems leaving New York- the flight was full with Italians and Italian-American families with copious amounts of lugguge- lots of kids and babies. Flight attendants were great. Pasta was like cement (but that might be a one time thing).

Returning out of Palermo was a bad experience because I had called and changed my ticket-it created problems at the airport due to lack of staff at the ticket counter (like the staff didn't show up to work on time). Long wait and frazzled nerves, and being unsure if I would actually be able to board the plane. It worked out at last, in spite of the delays.

I would fly with them again if the price was right, just to see the cool photo of the "Azzuri" splashed across to side of the plane!

BTW- Eurofly is an Italian airline based in Torino- not an new American airline. They also can book connecting flight within Italy.

Old Sep 19th, 2006, 06:48 PM

http://www.euroflyusa.com/index.asp
It's an Italian airline, you can read the story at their site.
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 07:02 PM

I have flown them a couple of times from NYC to Bologna with no problems (except for a ticket arriving late once). Right now their flight schedule is somewhat limited but perhaps that will change in the future as they become more well-known in the US.