Enlinea account question

Jan 27th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Original Poster

Enlinea account question

Ok...I followed the advice here; bought a Mobal phone, bought a SIM card from united-mobile.com, and opened an account with Enlinea. Opening the account was very confusing, as I had to choose a Mando or Banana account (I swear!). I didn't choose either, leaving the type blank, hoping to get a basic call back program.

I got an email from enlinea telling me my "Mando" account was open. I asked about rates, and got this message:

""The information than you received is for Mando Call me which is a basic call back service.

This phone number than you set up for the service is a Mobile with Liechtenstein area code (423)

Calling from Liechtenstein mobile to any land line phone number in Italy the rate is $0.44

Calling from Liechtenstein mobile to any phone number in USA the rate is 0.43

You also can check our rates on line in www.enlinea.com , click on call me rates."

I was unable to find rates on their site. These rates are also much, much higher than I've seen discussed on threads here.

What am I missing...this sounds like a crummy deal to me!

Thanks so much

Anne
Jan 28th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Jan 28th, 2006, 04:48 AM

>much higher than I've seen discussed on threads here.
You're to late. Rates have been increased a few days ago. It doesn't make any sense to use Enlinea to Liechtenstein/Mobile now. Callwackworld still has good rates.
Jan 28th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Original Poster

great...so can I still use the united-mobile card that I bought, or did I waste 39E?

Help!!

Thanks
Anne
Jan 28th, 2006, 02:01 PM

Use www.callbackworld.com, DON'T use Enlinea if you wan't to make inexpensive calls
Jan 28th, 2006, 02:03 PM

The united-mobile card is working, they aren't related to Enlinea or CBW. Enlinea increased it's prices. All other parameters remain unchanged.
Jan 28th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much...I've requested an account with call back world. I really like their toll-free # service. I realize the calls will cost me, but this way I can leave a number at home that won't cost them an arm & leg to call us.

Thanks
Anne
Jan 28th, 2006, 02:18 PM

The enlinea web site seems to be down right now but I will relate a story...

I was in Europe for 2 weeks earlier this month visiting Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, France and the UK. And as always I was merrily using my Liechtenstein united-mobile sim card to make calls to the United States. When I reached Switzerland, I got on the internet and visited www.prepaidgsm.net. Somebody on that site said enlinea had raised its rate from 12 to 42 per minute. So I switched over to callbackworld...

Well when I got home, I printed out the account information and guess what...the information was WRONG like in WRONG. All my calls on enlinea were indeed billed at 12/minute to call the US...checking the web site I found that calls from Liechtenstein to US were still listed as 12...but that calls from the US to Liechtenstein were now being listed at 42...making their 800 service somewhat expensive.

So you have to be careful because there are times people give misinformation. When checking enlinea, if using UM, you are calling from Liechtenstein no matter where you are really calling from to wherever you are calling.

And in any case, the UM sim cannot be a waste as remember you get one of the most important benefits namely the free reception of calls anywhere in Western Europe and quite frankly, that worked perfectly and flawlessly and the quality of the received calls is generally excellent as you are roaming on some local network.

As far as calls to Liechtenstein, it is true that some ld carriers in the US have raised rates on that but my AT&T rate on their $1 international plan remains 11/minute.

But then again everything is subject to change and we'll have to check when the enlinea web site comes up again.
Jan 28th, 2006, 04:09 PM

I'm confused. Reading the United Mobile site, it would seem that all their outgoing calls use a callback service already. So how can I use Callback World when I'd in effect be making a double call back.
Jan 28th, 2006, 04:17 PM

That's exactly the way it works...

Callback world gives you a US number which is called the trigger number (you need not just use callbackworld or enlinea with united mobile, you could use it with your hotel room if there is direct dial and prices would be very low)...but anyway you dial the trigger number. You are correct, united mobile uses a callback system so you will see some sort of message saying to wait or call not authorized or something like that. You hang up and you get the united mobile call back and you will hear a ringing tone. You hang up...and then you get the second call back and a female voice will ask you to enter the number you are calling followed by the number sign key (#) now and voila the call goes through. While it may sound complicated it really isn't.

As an alternative if you have say t mobile international roaming you can dial the trigger number on it, none of this callback rigermorol. Again you get a ringing tone which is not answered hence no charge by T mobile and seconds later your united mobile phone rings and you hear the female voice.....remember you are not charged to call the trigger number as that call is never completed. You are also not billed by united mobile as long as you are in one of their zone 1 locations as you are receiving and you don't pay on united mobile to receive calls anywhere in Western, Central or Eastern Europe west of Russia with the exception of Liechtenstein. Also works in China, South Africa and Australia which are zone 1 roaming countries.
Jan 28th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Original Poster

So, since I have a united mobile SIM and will be using Callback world, I will have to make a call, hang up, get a call back, hang up, then dial the number I want to call?

The rates I got were directly from enlinea customer service, so I would have to think they are right, and will really charge 43cents/minute to call the US. Callback world rate will be 14cents/minute.

thanks for all the help everyone! For a 5 week trip, I really like the idea of one phone # that my family can use to reach me.

Anne