English bookstores in Florence?

Old Nov 7th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
English bookstores in Florence?

We are 9 days out from our two week trip to Firenze! We are big readers and like to unwind at night with a book but would rather not fill a suitcase with them. Does anyone know of an English bookstore or two in Florence that will save my back? We are staying in the San Lorenzo district. Grazie!
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 05:20 PM

The big bookstore at Piazza Repubblica has a large English section. I am sorry that right now I can't remember the name of the store, but I know someone here will. Anyway, you can't miss it.
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 07:08 PM

There is a really good bookstore and paperback exchange with a decent selection of new and used English books on Via Fiesolana, #31red, almost at the corner of Via Fiesolana and Via dei Pilastei, only about 10 minutes slow amble east of Duomo. Look for a ^ shaped intersection of Pilastie and Fiesolana, turn toward the river from Pilastie onto Fiestola and it's about the 2nd or 3rd storefront on your right side.

I know what you mean. Those of us who can't go to sleep without our 'fix' go through a lot of books! I've learned not to be shy about going around a group in the hotel breakfast room with my books asking if anyone wants to trade. Often, I get some addicts. But I also found this bookstore in Florence had a very good selection of really recent but used paperbacks there, and went back again to sock up before I left for Venice.
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 10:47 PM

EDISON is the name of the large bookstore at Piazza Repubblica.
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 10:57 PM

I loved the Paperback Exchange in Florence. One very enjoyable book I got was only 25 Euro cents. Although I didn't do it, it looks like the "exchange" part is serious. So take in your already read paperbacks and lighten your load so you can get some more.
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Original Poster

Funny how such a simple thing can make a trip better! Thank you all so much!