Search

Emilia Romano

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 11:04 PM
Jim

Emilia Romano

I keep hearing about how great the food is in Emilia Romano, so I don't want to pass up a chance to experience it. Unfortunately, we don't have much time to spare (one night tops; taking the train from Venice to Florence). <BR><BR>Is stopping for lunch in Ferrara or Bologna a silly idea? If we spend a night, would Ferrara be the better choice? <BR><BR>What about, heaven forfend, skipping Venice and taking a few days to explore the region instead?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.<BR><BR>Jim

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 10:39 AM
Donna

Can anyone help?

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 02:09 AM
Steve James

Hello Jim,<BR><BR>Bologna makes a nice lunch stop between Venice and Florence. Apart from being a pleasant city, it claims to be the culinary capital of Italy, so you shouldn't go far wrong ...<BR><BR>I don't know Ferrara so I can't compare the 2 for an overnight stop, - maybe someone else can help.<BR><BR>Skip Venice??!! As John McEnroe would say, you CANNOT be SERIOUS!!<BR><BR>Steve

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 02:25 AM
Hiho

I think a lunch stop in Bologna is a fine idea. If you Have a few extra hours, it would be worthwhile to walk around the core of the center city. The center is not a long walk from the train station, is very lively, and has some very interesting architecutre. And of course ther eare many palces to eat. <BR><BR>Bologna is on the main train line connecting northern with central italy, so there are many, many trains coming thru. You would never have a long wait to catch the next one for Florence.