Reload this Page >

Teen shopping in London

Search

Teen shopping in London

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 08:37 AM
Jackie

Teen shopping in London

I'm 19 and on my way to London for a week this summer. Any good suggestions for good trendy shops in London? For actual buying, it would have to be on the cheap side. But I'd also like to browse at the more expensive places.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 09:23 AM
Don

H&M.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 03:23 AM
Jackie

Thanks. I'll check it out. Any other suggestions?

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 03:48 AM
Karen

Jackie<BR><BR>On the cheaper side, the popular shops for young women (all which can be found on Oxford Street) are New Look, H&M, Bay Trading, Miss Selfridge and Top Shop. On the corner of Oxford Street and Regent Street you can find the main stores for Top Shop and H&M. There's a New Look between Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations and a Bay Trading near Bond Street.<BR>Go as early as possible to avoid the heaving crowds, the bigger stores get very busy.<BR><BR>On the mid-priced to expensive side, I think probably Oasis, River Island, Warehouse and Morgan. <BR><BR>Also try Debenhams department store, they have a few of the younger labels in their womens department.<BR><BR>This is a good site for finding stores on Oxford Street - http://www.oxfordstreet.co.uk In some of the cheaper shops you'll have to plough through the racks to find the good stuff, but it is hidden in there somewhere. As you're here during the summer you should find some bargains, the sales seem to start earlier each year.<BR><BR>Have fun. Let me know if you need anymore help.<BR><BR>Karen

Lindsey

Hi Jackie - LOndon is fantastic for shopping, whatever your budget, so you'll be spoilt for choice. The area around Oxford Circus is great - there's a massive branch of Top Shop, which is high-fashion but low budget. You'll be able to find most of the key catwalk looks for the summer at high street prices, plus great accessories. Across the road is H&M (Hennes & Mauritz) which is a slightly downmarket version, but great for basics. Next to Top Shop is Niketown, next to that (well round the corner a little but close enough) is Oasis, which is a great chain, and across the road is French Connection. All well worth a visit, and easily in anyone's price range. If you head up Oxford Street towards Marble Arch then you hit the department stores - Selfridges is the famous one and well worth a visit. In addition to the designer clothes on offer, the store has an area called 'Spirit' which is more cutting edge and has concessions from more affordable young designers and 'youth' stores. You should also check out Debenhams on Oxford Street, which has commissioned a number of designers to create ranges for them - Ben de Lisi, Jasper Conran etc - which are great quality and very reasonably priced. <BR><BR>Away from Oxford Street, try Covent Garden (especially around the Neal Street area) for smaller boutiques; try Spitalfields Market in the East End at the weekend for funky, one-off designs; visit Hampstead in North London for chic high street stores. I think there may be a Time Out guide to shopping in Lonodn, which is probably worth getting if you're here for a week - I'll try and track it down and let you know what it's called.

Lindsey

Hi Jackie - LOndon is fantastic for shopping, whatever your budget, so you'll be spoilt for choice. The area around Oxford Circus is great - there's a massive branch of Top Shop, which is high-fashion but low budget. You'll be able to find most of the key catwalk looks for the summer at high street prices, plus great accessories. Across the road is H&M (Hennes & Mauritz) which is a slightly downmarket version, but great for basics. Next to Top Shop is Niketown, next to that (well round the corner a little but close enough) is Oasis, which is a great chain, and across the road is French Connection. All well worth a visit, and easily in anyone's price range. If you head up Oxford Street towards Marble Arch then you hit the department stores - Selfridges is the famous one and well worth a visit. In addition to the designer clothes on offer, the store has an area called 'Spirit' which is more cutting edge and has concessions from more affordable young designers and 'youth' stores. You should also check out Debenhams on Oxford Street, which has commissioned a number of designers to create ranges for them - Ben de Lisi, Jasper Conran etc - which are great quality and very reasonably priced. <BR><BR>Away from Oxford Street, try Covent Garden (especially around the Neal Street area) for smaller boutiques; try Spitalfields Market in the East End at the weekend for funky, one-off designs; visit Hampstead in North London for chic high street stores. I think there may be a Time Out guide to shopping in London, which is probably worth getting if you're here for a week - I'll try and track it down and let you know what it's called.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 03:53 AM
bubbles

Don't forget LUSH the wonderful bath and lotions shops. There's one at Covent Garden.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 09:32 AM
kate

Top Shop is GREAT for cheap but high fashion, as already mentioned. It's apparently the largest single brand clothing store in the world. Everyone from 14 year olds kids up to pop stars shop there (including Posh Spice. Do you know of the Spice Girls over the pond?)<BR><BR>Selfridges is the hippest of the large department stores.<BR><BR>Neal Street for places like Diesel.<BR><BR>And don't forget the market in Camden for second hand and the weird and the wonderful.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 11:00 AM
John G

You have to get to H&M early to get the best selection. Get there by 1 PM and everything is gone, especially in the common sizes. Find out what time they open and be there when the doors open. And don't be afraid to use your karate moves on that slag trying to take the cute top you want!!

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Beth

Hi Jackie,<BR>My teenaged daughter (17) really enjoyed the Doc Martens store in Covent Garden. They have lots of new styles not yet available in the US.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 02:34 AM
Jackie

Just wanted to say thanks for all the great suggestions - This looks like it will keep me busy!<BR><BR>And do we know the Spice Girls? But of course!<BR><BR>Thanks again.