Elvira?? Can you help???

Jul 12th, 2001, 08:40 PM
Sue

Elvira?? Can you help???

I bought some tea while at the duty free at the airport in Paris. I bought it for the decorative tin that it came in.

Now I've discovered the tea is terrific! I've managed to have friends pick it up for me a couple of times, but have to pay for the tin too. And the amount of tea you get is small.

Do you know how I can buy this tea in a larger quantity without the tin? It's Maxim's De Paris and is a tea with a citrus taste.

Thanks for any help!!! Sue

Jul 13th, 2001, 12:24 AM
hiho

I can help you but since my name is not Elvira, I guess you are not looking for my help.

Jul 13th, 2001, 04:18 AM
pam

To hi ho:
Please try to be helpful on these forums and not a TROLL, which is what you most decidedly are.

Jul 13th, 2001, 05:26 AM
Laura

I had the same experience, only in my case it was first with Australian tea and then with English Breakfast tea (we used to be heavy coffee drinkers..now have coffee only a couple times a week since discovering these delicious teas). I have been looking for for a place to buy a larger quantity, too, just like you can buy coffee in the grocery store. Am going to Costco today to see if they have any larger containers of either tea. Thanks for the heads up on the Maxim's De Paris...I will be looking for that in my travels. But if anyone knows where you can buy larger quantities of quality tea, please let us know!

Jul 13th, 2001, 06:01 AM
Lori

Try a search engine like google, input Maxims de Paris. Maybe they have a website or the search engine will direct you to another site which sells the tea.

Jul 13th, 2001, 06:14 AM
Florence

Bonjour Sue,
I suppose that Maxims must be able to send their tea abroad. Have a look at:

http://www.maxims-de-paris.com/Gourm..._epicerie.html

Good luck and good tea.

Jul 13th, 2001, 06:37 AM
elvira

http://www.maxims-de-paris.com/#

You can also try:
http://www.frenchselections.com/

Jul 13th, 2001, 08:05 AM
xxx

Hey Pam - so quick with the name calling. Have you looked in the mirror lately?

Jul 13th, 2001, 08:15 AM
Ellen

Wow! I never thought about asking a question like this on fodors. Thank you Sue! I have my own delemma. Ashbey's of London teabags with the fancy little teapots on them. Where on earth do I find them in the states? Anyone can answer, not just Elvira!

Jul 13th, 2001, 08:19 AM
s.fowler

Did a quick "google" search -- a list of many online Ashby tea selling emporiums came up.

I know I have seen their teabags in upscale stores in the Chicago area -- but no specific memory [my age you know].

Jul 13th, 2001, 10:03 AM
Beth

I became addicted to an English tea (Whittaker Mango Indica) and just wrote the company at the address on the box. They sent a brochure/order blank, and I ordered large bags of it which I keep in the freezer and use as needed. I seem to recall the only difference in price was the postage.

Jul 13th, 2001, 10:35 AM
kam

For those looking for really good strong Irish tea (not breakfast tea, but the real black stuff), go to www.foodireland.com and order the Barry's Gold. Yummy! Nice herbals from www.strandtea.com

Jul 13th, 2001, 12:49 PM
Laura

Beth, would you post the address for me? I will contact them and see if they make English Breakfast tea. Thanks!

By the way, I went to Costco and right now they only have Lipton and Tetley

Jul 13th, 2001, 02:11 PM
Florence

Here's another address for tea enthousiasts: http://www.whittard.com/start.jsp

Recently bought their Jasmine Pearl China Green, and as they write on the package, it has a "heavenly, beautiful fragrance", not to mention the taste.

Greeting from tea paradise, tea lovers friends !

Jul 13th, 2001, 04:13 PM
seamus

Cost Plus Imports has McGraths Irish breakfast and Twinings and I think Fortnum and Masons. F&M is pretty common at upscale groceries.

Jul 13th, 2001, 04:50 PM
Laura

re: Seamus

Costplus!!! Of course! Thank you, there is one about a mile from me...I'm on my way!!

Jul 13th, 2001, 07:56 PM
Sue

Thank you so much for all your responses. I've e-mailed Maxims, so now will await their reply.

Good luck to everyone else in their search! Sue

Jul 13th, 2001, 08:04 PM
JOdy

I buy Twinings Irish Breakfast tea in my regular grocery store, Publix, in 1/4 pound cans. have you tried asking your grocery to order it for you. This is the loose tea, but they also have boxes of 25 tea bags. My new addiction is Lady Gray, earl gray with the addition of a citrus note!

Jul 13th, 2001, 08:07 PM
Tammy

I absolutely love Whittards english breakfast, but in a pinch I like british breakfast by the Republic of Tea. www.republicoftea.com

Jul 13th, 2001, 08:11 PM
Mel

Here's a twist: A very nice restaurant in my town serves Earl Gray Tea sorbet between courses (if requested). The first time I tried it was a lark--I couldn't imagine it would be good. GEEZ, it was so wonderful--smooth, sweet, but not too sweet--just wonderful. My hubby & I were knocking spoons for my last bite (tiny servings, of course). I'd love to get a recipe for this, so if anyone can figure it out please feel free to e-mail me. (The restaurant wouldn't give it).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO