edinburgh b&b

Apr 7th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Original Poster

edinburgh b&b

I've loved reading all the advice on this board over the past several weeks as our family plans a trip to London and Scotland in May. Now, however I have a specific question I'm hoping to have answered:

Is anyone familiar with the Afton Town House Hotel in Edinburgh? Their web site looks good, and rates look great, so now I'm curious about any personal recommendations.

Any other recommendations for centrally located, family friendly, reasonably priced accommodations in Edinburgh? (I'm not asking for much, am I?!)

Thanks! Annette
Apr 9th, 2003, 12:39 PM

Topping for Annettetx!
Apr 9th, 2003, 12:40 PM

p.s. if you are looking for something reasonable, I've had great luck with hotels using priceline.com. Just recently I booked was bidding for a two star hotel and was upgraded to a four star for the price of $65 USD a night.
Just an option if you are looking for a deal.
Apr 9th, 2003, 12:59 PM

We stayed at Kelly's B&B just out of the main part of the city and a short bus ride in. Unfortunately, I don't have the address, but am sure it will come up if you do a search. Since you asked about family friendly, it had a large fenced in grassy backyard and a very nice family room that opened right into the backyard.
Apr 10th, 2003, 04:59 AM
Ani

We JUST returned from Scotland 2 nights ago...stayed at 16 Lynedoch Place (a B&B) just down the street from Princes street...beautiful Georgian building, bedrooms lovely, great hostess, great breakfast-couldn't have been better...our rates were 35 pounds/night per person. Here's the site...
http://www.scotlandovernight.co.uk/o...doch/tour.html