Economy hotel in Dublin Centre

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a recent posting asking for ideas of where to stay in Dublin, we have decided we want to stay in City Centre. We want to be close to the main attractions, Temple Bar, etc. We have identified a few hotels which seem to be very reasonably priced. They are Buswell Hotel, Harding Hotel, Roxford Lodge, Maldron Hotel, and Trinity Capial Lodge.

Do you have any thoughts regarding any of these? Which would you consider to be the 2 best? Do you have any other suggestions of similarly priced and located hotels?

Thank you for the continued generosity you are showing in helping us plan this very special trip.
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 02:43 PM

Trinity Capial Lodge??? Do you mean Trinity Capital Hotel in Dublin. If so, we stayed there and would do so again. Deborah
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Deborah. Yes, I do mean the Trinity Capital Hotel. I'm glad to know you recommend it. It's one of those at the top of my list!! I want to be able to go out for a while, have an easy walk back to my hotel if I want, then be able to turn around and go out again, without having to take a bus. Thanks again.
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 05:49 PM

While I didn't stay in any of them, I saw Buswells and it looked really good. Close to Dawson Street (great nightlife!) and Temple Bar (even greater nightlife!).

In summer, you can even get cheap rooms in Trinity College.
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 06:16 PM

Trinity will give you all that with it's location. We walked throughout Dublin including to Temple Bar area, St Stephen's Green, Merrion Square, Cathedral District and across the river on O'Connell Street. We were there 4 days so two days we used the Hop On and Off Bus for the great distances and the stop for that bus was in the square in front of Trinity College a short walk from the hotel. Our double standard room was small but quiet and very comfortable. I thought Dublin was a very walkable city. Have a great trip. Deborah
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 07:40 AM

Use priceline - 5 star - city centre. I often get the Conrad on St. Stephens Green for 100 euros.