eating/drinking in the eiffel tower

Apr 11th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Original Poster

eating/drinking in the eiffel tower

We leave for Paris a week from tomorrow! I'm soooo excited, as you may imagine. My beau wants to go up into the Eiffel Tower. I never have, so I want to, too! But when is it likely to be the least crowded? Or at least less crowded? Can we just have a drink or do we have to have a full meal up there? Any tour'effel tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Apr 11th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Original Poster

OK - I've checked the super thread a bit - looks like reservations are needed at the restos. How much would a meal for two set us back at either place? Are there spots to just sit and enjoy the view without going to the eateries? Thanks for the insight....
Apr 11th, 2005, 06:53 AM

You might want to email the restaurants. Some may have a mneu on line or one they can email you.

http://www.tour-eiffel.fr/teiffel/uk...ex.html?id=2_7
Apr 11th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Sandi - Since we leave next week looks like I may be out of luck anyway. Great link on google though. I may e-mail just to see what I find out. Wow. Expensive though!
Apr 11th, 2005, 07:01 AM

We had lunch at Altitude 95 (first level of the tower). The lunch (3 course menu) cost about 70 euro with wine. They had a bar in the downstairs portion of the restaurant. Go for it!!
Apr 11th, 2005, 07:10 AM

I've also been to the first level of the Eiffel tower, the fruit de mare is fabulous. And no queueing for the lift, your straight up there, obviously book and ask for a window seat!
Apr 11th, 2005, 08:24 AM

We ate at Altitude 95 (dinner) and I think it cost about €100 for two 2 years ago. Their fixed price menu was €50, but it was not a deal (I added up what I was having and it came to less). The bar downstairs is nice, so you could just pop in and have a drink.
Apr 11th, 2005, 08:47 AM
tod

Budman - Hi, Please tell me how you went about eating at Alltitude 95?
I have had dinner there a few years ago but was on an ParisVision tour with a Seine trip thrown in. The food was lovely and I would like to take three friends there in October when we all rendevous in Paris.
What I need to know is: Did you just arrive? Where on the ground do you start to find out how it get up there?
Can you continue up afterwards to the top?

Apr 11th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Original Poster

Sue - If we just want to go in for a drink, how do you do that? I mean, is the entrance well marked...do you just go up and in, etc..
Apr 11th, 2005, 09:26 AM

It's on the first floor and the restaurant is very visible. When you enter, there's an entryway and a half flight of stairs up to the restaurant (you will be able to see the whole resto—it's very open). The it seems to me that the bar is on the same level as the entrance ahead and to the left, possibly. I really don't remember because I went to the bar from the restaurant. There will be someone greeting; just ask them if you're in doubt. (worth a drink for the view and the bathroom, though the view from the bar isn't as spectacular)

You can kind of see what it looks like here:
http://www.tour-eiffel.fr/teiffel/fr...sto/index.html

Tod, at that same site are FAX and phone numbers to make a reservation. If you are dead set on it, I would reserve. They don't take email reservations. English is no problem on the phone.

It is on the first floor. You have to buy a ticket to go up and are free to go up further before or after. In other words, the ET experience is separate from the resto.
Apr 11th, 2005, 09:27 AM

I did a "Dinner at the Eifeel Tower, Bateax Mouche tour down the Seine" tour with Paris Vision. The dinner was lovely, and of course I love the Bateax Mouches tours and try to do one every time I am in Paris.

www.parisvision.com

Enjoy!
Apr 11th, 2005, 09:56 AM
tod

LVSue - So, am I right in saying; You go to the ticket booth at the bottom and have to purchase a ticket even though you may have a dinner reservation at Altitude 95? Imagine booking for 8pm and the ticket line is quite long. I don't fancy standing in a queue for 1 hr before I have my dinner.
Looks like ParisVision here we come - we just sailed throught wherever, and in no time were in the restaurant.
Apr 11th, 2005, 10:04 AM

tod, I don't think that is right. I'm sure that we made reservations and they told us what elevator we should report to. You may have to purchase before going up but I was there on a lovely Palm Sunday and I know we did not wait in any line.
Apr 11th, 2005, 10:09 AM

Yes, Tod, you do have to stand in line. As far as I know, any elevator will do, but I always take the NE one. Suki, are you sure you're not talking about Jules Verne?

As I recall the line was short when we were there, too.
Apr 11th, 2005, 10:25 AM

Just a note of caution. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION to your things while you are in the elevator going to the top. There are pickpocket warning signes everywhere and they are there for a reason. I was ripped off (I am a very experience traveller and still cannot over this) for my wallet (yes ID and cards as well as cash) last fall in the elevator and never felt a thing. My 6ft 5inch BF who was right next to me the whole time never saw or felt a thing.

Really be aware and careful and do not carry a purse with anything of value. We were one of severl couples ripped off on that single ride and the cops in the tower simply point to the signs and shake their heads.
Apr 11th, 2005, 11:17 AM

I was just there in October. Had dinner at atl 95. It was 130 euros for 2 starter,2 main, 2 dessert, 1 pitchet of wine, 1 martini and 1 glass champagne--very reasonable for the experience. You had to buy a ticket for the tower but NO standing in line. We just took the ticket and reservation to the gate beside the line and they put us in the gate. We reserved by phone before we left and reconfirmed thru our hotel on arrival. You pick up your reservation and buy your ticket at a booth off to the side of the line to the entrance between 2 of the bases of the tower. We just asked when we got there and it was pointed out. They do not open until 6:30pm to pick up your tickets. We rushed there and then had to wait for them to open up. It was a very easy process. I really enjoyed it. The food was good, dessert very good and experience really wonderful. I have eaten at Jules Vern and prefer atl 95. The reservation person for alt 95 spoke english though I started out with my pitiful french.

I would highly recommend if you can get in.
Jun 3rd, 2006, 02:13 PM

Does anyone know whether the ParisVision tour that includes lunch at the Eiffel Tower, the Seine River cruise, and a city tour also includes a trip to the top of the Tower? Or does it just include a trip to the first level where the restaurant is located?
Jun 3rd, 2006, 02:45 PM

I read somewhere that you can definitely have just drinks at Altitude 95.
I also know for a fact that you do not have to wait in line if you have a reservation at Jules Verne.
That's all I can offer...
good luck!