Reload this Page >

EAT TO LIVE or LIVE TO EAT?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 06:15 PM
Mr Veggie

It's a statistical fact that you'll live happier, healthier and longer if you eat to live.<BR>If you're a glutten and choose to live to eat, you will be fat and unhealthy and suffer a poor self-image. <BR>

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 06:20 PM
foodie

Try and tell that to anyone who likes to vacation in Paris!!

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 06:25 PM
baker

It's even worse to be a gluten than to be a glutten. If you're a gluten, you will lose your starch and be inbred, errrr... make that "in bread."

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 06:36 PM
mark

My mom is 75, smokes, eats processed food, never exercises and is going strong. My mom enjoys what she eats - what she smokes - it's her life. I can't help but feel it is so much about enjoying life not so much about what you eat. The attitude that by eating well you will live longer is a falsehood. Genetics play a part and who knows what else. Live for the moment - enjoy the moment - have the courage to do so and share it with another person. I have seen guys in the gym who bench huge amounts of weights yet are fat - and I have seen the opposite. I believe it has a lot to do with attitude - or maybe the willingness to surrender to the process/experience of being human. In other words - it's okay to get angry instead of being some pollyanna type. We're not meant to be saints - we're meant to be human. Have the courgae to embrace what you enjoy ( as long as you're not hurting another person - as for yourself, that's for you to figure out)<BR>I believe that food is one of the most intimate pleasures that we can experience during our lives. If you have a problem / issue with food - you're going to have issues / problems with life.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 06:41 PM
Spelling

Are you guys talking about gluten, glutten, or glutton? Honestly, get the spelling right or some of us don't know what the heck you're talking about.<BR><BR>You can be a glutton without eating gluten, by the way.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Capo

When I eat, I prefer to live, which is why I cut my food into small, easy-to-swallow portions. :~)

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 08:49 PM
Sharon

I'm thin, healthy, and happy, and I live to eat. People who eat to live are boring and evidently can't spell.