Search

Eat and Walk

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 08:56 AM
Jack Rosen

Eat and Walk

How far is it to walk from hotel on Via Condotti to Coliseum? <BR>Any recommendation for small non touristy restaurant near hotel on Via Condotti for family of ten, adults only IF you consider two 18 year old boys as adults!!

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 10:28 AM
Patrick

There is a very atmospheric and wonderful restaurant called Le Grotte near Condotti -- I believe, but won't swear that it's on Via Vite, your hotel should know. We have had Sunday "lunch" there twice and seemed to be about the only tourists there, surprisingly for that area. They have a spectacular antipasto buffet that could easily serve as a meal and many wonderful traditional dishes as well on the menu, plus wonderful pizzas and pastas. It is also remarkably moderate in price. I especially think the 18 year olds would like it very much, unless they didn't like the opera background music.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 10:37 AM
howard

I'd estimate the distance at about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 miles. Definitely walkable.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 12:55 PM
Patrick

Thank you VERY much!! Just what I wanted. IF I can put up with the grandsons' TASTE ON THE CAR RADIO, they can put up with a little opera! <BR>Thanks again!!

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 01:00 PM
Howard

Just a good walk to get the kinks out after flying into Rome from the west coast. Many thanks!!

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 06:01 PM
Patrick

Hey, Jack, just a question. Why did you reply by using my name and email address as yours?

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 06:25 PM
howard

My question is the same as Patrick's!!!