Easyjet luggage/ baggage

Old May 20th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easyjet luggage/ baggage

We will be flying on Easyjet this summer. There are 2 adults and 2 kids-teens.
I am trying to figure out how much hold baggage to buy.

I would like to keep it to 2 suitcases.
Can I buy 3 --20kg allowance, then have 2 pieces of luggage that are 30kg each? Total 60kg.

Or does it have to be 3 pieces of 20 each?
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:14 PM

I'm sure it will be spelled out to the gram on their website.
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:35 PM

Please check with their website for clarification just to make sure. But as a point of reference, we flew Easyjet in April, and it was a total weight, not a per bag weight. Also as a point of reference, on our flight you could take unlimited weight as a carry-on as long as it was:

-- one item only
-- you could hoist it into the overhead by yourself.

My husband and I had fun filling our backpacks with all the heaviest items. Each pack weighed about 24 pounds and certainly tested the limits of our day packs!

Hope that's informative.

LisaG
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:54 PM

I believe the max on any one bag/piece is 32Kg.

If you were to get 60Kg then you should be able pack in any combination with out exceeding 32Kg per piece.
Old May 21st, 2013, 04:43 AM
Original Poster

Actually, didnt find their website clear on that.
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:12 AM

Easyjet does allow pooling of their luggage weights so you dont have to have 3 @ 20 each - if you buy 3 you have 60 between 3 bags.
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:34 AM

Directly from their website: http://www.easyjet.com/en/planning/baggage

Each passenger who pays for a hold bag can take up to 20kg of luggage. This weight allowance applies to the passenger rather than to the bag so purchasing extra bags is possible but will not increase the weight allowance. If you think you’ll need to take a little bit more with you, you can buy some extra weight – it’s best to do this online before you fly as the online charges are considerably cheaper than at the airport.

If you are travelling in a group of two or more on the same booking and have booked bags, you may spread the weight of your luggage across the bags. For example, two passengers with a bag each may carry 20kg of luggage each, but if you wish to put 18kg in one bag and 22kg in the other, then that’s okay with us. You’ve just got to remember that you cannot exceed the 40kg total weight allowance without paying additional charges. A few really important things to remember:

•We support health and safety guidance for checked luggage and recommend that you keep the weight of each individual bag below 23kg wherever possible.

•Legally we must apply a maximum limit of 32kg so any individual bag weighing more than 32kg cannot be accepted!

•Infants who share your seat do not have a baggage allowance, therefore, their items will need to be packed in your bag

•To keep our fares low, be able to board the plane as quickly as possible and ensure your comfort onboard, if you bring more than one piece of hand baggage we’ll check the extra into the hold. We’ll need to charge you for this – at the airport this fee is £25 due to higher handling costs at the airport if you don't buy the bag online and at the boarding gate this increases to £40 to ensure that we can bring you to your destination on time.

They then give some examples...
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:52 AM

hand luggage can weigh a lot but keep in mind your purse or computer goes into the hand luggage plus it MUST fit inside their "bin", wheels and all.
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:05 AM

And, the one carryon allowed by Easyjet is smaller than carryons of many airlines. Size is scrutinized when you are checking bags for the hold and at the gate.

Check their website for dimensions.
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:17 AM

Actually, didnt find their website clear on that.

If you do a dummy booking it's perfectly clear

the one carryon allowed by Easyjet is smaller than carryons of many airlines.

No it isn't, it's BIGGER than most of the other low costs airlines and legacy airlines. It also doesn't have a weight limit.
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:38 AM

Just got a mail from Easyjet regarding hand luggage.
You can take one item 56 x 45 x 25 cm with you on board, but if the flight is full they may still put it in the hold when you enter the plane.

If your handluggage is slightly smaller, maximum 50 x 40 x 20 cm then they guarantee that you can take it on board.

All sizes are including wheels, handles.
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:38 AM

I stan corrected:

Easyjet (Note changes from July)

Cabin baggage
New cabin bag guarantee on all flights from 2 July.

Make sure your cabin bag travels with you.

Our customers have told us they want to keep their cabin bag with them – and not have to put it in the hold on busy flights where overhead locker space is limited.

And now you can. Our new cabin bag guarantee means you can make sure your bag travels with you in the cabin, even on the busiest flights.

To take advantage of the guarantee, simply bring ONE slightly smaller bag no bigger than 50 x40 x 20cm including handles and wheels and we’ll guarantee it will travel with you either in the overhead locker or, if necessary, under the seat in front of you.

You can still choose to bring ONE slightly bigger bag up to the maximum size of 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels, but on some busy flights your bag may have to go into the hold.

easyJet plus cardholders, FLEXI fare, easyJet plus Upfront or Extra Legroom customers, can continue to bring ONE piece of cabin baggage no bigger than 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels – and use easyJet plus Speedy Boarding to board first in order to secure space in the overhead lockers.

So if keeping your cabin bag with you is a priority, why not bring a slightly smaller bag (which is still big enough to hold all your travel essentials) and we guarantee it will not go in the hold – even if the flight is full.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE NEW CABIN BAG GUARANTEE ONLY APPLIES FROM 2 JULY 2013.

BA

Your main piece of hand baggage is up to the dimensions 56cm x 45cm x 25cm (22in x 18in x 10in),
including the handle, pockets and wheels.

American

The maximum dimensions cannot exceed any of the following measurements: 22" long x 14" wide x 9"
tall or 115cm (56 x 36 x 23 cm). All carry-on items should be stowed in an overhead bin.
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

I understand that you can split the weight between bags. That much is very clear.
It's still not clear whether I can bring TWO suitcases with 30 kilos each.
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:36 PM

aanj,

I'm not that sure either. Do they answer emails?

Or, just take three bags and distribute the weight. Have you lifted a 30 kg bag recently?
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:50 PM

Maximum 20 kilos per person, or if you are two people 40 kilos can be distributed unequally between the two bags.

If you think you will have more than that amount of weight you can BUY extra kilos for 9 euros/kilo online beforehand.. but no suitcase can weigh more than 32 kilos.

No one can have more than 20 kilos per person without paying this additional fee.

"Each passenger who pays for a hold bag can take up to 20kg of luggage. This weight allowance applies to the passenger rather than to the bag so purchasing extra bags is possible but will not increase the weight allowance. If you think you’ll need to take a little bit more with you, you can buy some extra weight – it’s best to do this online before you fly as the online charges are considerably cheaper than at the airport."
Old May 21st, 2013, 03:59 PM

sorry. I didn't see that you are four traveling.. from the wording it seems to me that you CAN have two cases between three people up to 60 kilos. ( if you can have 40 between two).. However, I can't imagine handling a 30-kilo suitcase, as mentioned above.
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:41 PM

Did you see O'Reillys May 21 post about new Easyjet bag rules and regs. Just seach for Easyjet.
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:56 PM

The new rules are only about you may not be able to have your carry-on IN the plane with you unless it is that smaller size.. but there is no charge for putting it in the hold at the last minute when the plane is very full if it regulation size.