EasyHotel - London

Apr 12th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Original Poster

EasyHotel - London

Hi there,

Has anyone stayed at the EasyHotel in either Earls Court, Victoria or Kensington? What was your opinion. Though they look tiny, they look to be neat and clean and seem to have essential facilities.

I just think this would be preferable to a hostel sharing a domitory and bathroom and the cost seems to be relative.

Thank you.
Apr 12th, 2007, 06:27 PM

Depending on how far ahead you book - you can get a full service, 4 star hotel using Priceline for less money than the orange monster.

If you can book far enough ahead, easyHotels are cheap - but just like easyJet, the closer to the date the more expensive they are.

For instance booking now for July will cost you about 25-30 GBP a night, but for May - about 50GBP.

Instead of 50 GBP I'd MUCH rather pay $85-$100 for a real hotel w/ priceline.
Apr 12th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Original Poster

Thank janisj - I know that these would be a bit tacky.....but I was looking at around September (just pulled a date out of the sky - as I keep dreaming that one day I'll get back to London) and it seemed quite reasonable at around 350 GBP for 14 nights. They also seem to be well located around London and I would think that they would be reasonably well run - wherein you take a bit of a risk with some of the cheaper private hotels.

Having said that I have stayed in cheaper private hotels before around the Paddington area and they have been fine - though a bit old and tired looking. I just did a search on venere.com and found a few under 50 GBP that got good reviews. So I guess that would be an option
Apr 12th, 2007, 08:22 PM

If I was desperate I could sleep in an easyHotel for a night or 2 or 3 -- but two full weeks??? Not a chance in hell.

14 nights of miniscule rooms - the cheapest rooms don't even have windows. Plus you have to pay 10GBP every time you need houskeeping. TV costs 10GBP per day.

As you can see - it will soon add up to more than a conventional hotel.
Apr 12th, 2007, 08:24 PM

Oh - and I forgot -- there are no hangers, drawers, or closets/cupboards . . .
Apr 12th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Original Poster

Ok so you've convinced me. But one thing that I'd be really glad about is the fact that there is NO TV. I don't travel to the other side of the world to watch tv and without one I wouldn't be tempted. I would much rather spend downtime writing my journal or reading.
Apr 12th, 2007, 08:50 PM

watching a bit of UK telly is great - If one is just passing through for a day or two - I can see not bothering.