Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easyHotel 21 euros a night

Hello All -

I found a website called

http://www.easyhotel.com/

and this site is advertising rates in Basel Switzerland for 21 euros a night and Central London for 30 pounds.

Anyone with experience staying at this super-economy hotel chain?

Old Apr 13th, 2006, 11:44 PM

You pay extra for a window
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Original Poster

Yeah! Isn't it amazing how having a window is considered an extra feature at this hotel?
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 01:05 AM

I'm kinda surprised the Fodors "IT'S AN ADVERTISEMENT" Police haven't gobbled this up by now but I guess they are too busy waiting for posts about fare sales.
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 02:00 AM

The holier-than-thou crowd will probably leave this one alone as nancicita has posted here before and probably doesn't own the Easy Hotel. Now the know-it-alls who like to hear themselves talk can jump in and post 2 or 3 rambling paragraphs to basically say the same thing over and over and end with "I agree, nancicita probably does not own the hotel"
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 04:14 AM
Neopolitan

and what a valuable, to the point, and helpful post that last one was, too!

Old Apr 14th, 2006, 05:30 AM

I looked on TripAdvisor and it looks like there were mixed reviews on the one in London.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...n_England.html
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 05:43 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
How is this an "advertisement". I'm sure that Stelios would be amused.

As for even checking trip advisor about an easy Hotel is plain silly. It is NOT the sort of place that would get "good" reviews from anyone. It isn't meant to have amenities or any posh features. It is a dirt cheap (if you book far enough ahead) place to lay your head down (in an orange room) - sort of a 21st century hostel.

You get exactly what you pay for - but that is what you should expect. BTW - last minute bookings aren't really all that cheap . . . .
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 07:41 AM

I think the reviews are worth reading, because they highlight a significant problem I've rarely if ever read about with other hotels - that the guests find it difficult to breathe in the rooms! So no matter how much I wanted to save money, I wouldn't book there.
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Neopolitan

Why am I suddenly remembering Kramer putting up the three Japanese tourists in drawers of his big chest?

Old Apr 14th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Original Poster

Hi. After reading some of the responses to my first post, I'd like to clarify a few things:

1. I am not associated in any way with easyHotel.

2. I am a graduate student, who will be studying in France and then travelling for a few weeks in Europe because I love travelling, just as most of you Fodorites do.

3. I am on Fodor's message board because I have found this site to be a great source of valuable information regarding in addition to my own research on travel planning.

4. I am a budget traveller, and I plan to travel in Europe for an extended period of time (about 3 months). Now if you consider the four points I have mentioned above, it would make sense that I would be interested in finding out more about this "easyHotel" lodging option.

Am I advertising this hotel? (No.)

Am I trying to waste your time? (No.)

Do I appreciate those who respond with valuable, useful, advice? (Yes!)

Am I willing to help those out who help me with useful travel information (Yes!)

Do I like a good bargain when travelling and making purchases abroad? (Yes!)

Old Apr 14th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Original Poster

And with the above being said, if you have stayed (or have friends who have stayed) at the easyHotel, do send me your comments on this!

Thank You.
Old Apr 15th, 2006, 08:09 AM

I consider myself queen of looking for good deals. Just keep looking here and checking tripadvisor and I'm sure you'll find something close to your price range that includes air! Just kidding. Really, its amazing how being a detective when you're planning a trip really does have its rewards. You will find a better place, you just have to keep looking. How about Ibis hotels?
Old Apr 15th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Original Poster

Yes, I have heard about ibis hotels.
Actually I stayed in an ibis one time a few years ago in Nice, and it wasn't bad at all. The staff was helpful and I have no complaints.

I think I'm in the category of budget travellers who don't want to stay at a youth hostel but don't want to pay an arm and a leg for lodging while travelling in Europe.

But I will keep looking.

And I will try not to sound like I'm "advertising" when I find a good deal that I want to share with you guys!