Reload this Page >

Eastern Eur, Actual Train price???????

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 06:58 AM
james

Hi,<BR><BR>I am budgeting for my trip in September now. Went to raileurope, though they show the price(in USD), I heard that the price stated is actually ridiculously marked up. Would appreciate if anyone care to advise how much would the train ticket cost me for the following journey in actual, which means if I buy the tickets in Europe.<BR><BR>(i) Salzburg- Cesky Budejovice<BR>(ii)Prague - Krakow<BR>(iii) Krakow - Budapest<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 09:52 AM
james

anyone care to help..please..

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 12:09 AM
xxx

i would be very much wanted to know too...can anyone advise?

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 04:38 AM
Mary Anne Cook

Would like the same info on train costs for these countries. Thanks.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 04:45 AM
Liz

See if this site helps:<BR>http://www.footloosetravel.com/cheat%20sheet.html

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 05:17 AM
Lian

hi james,<BR><BR>http://www.ccl.kuleuven.ac.be/~corn/railinfo.html is a linkway to the all the national railways info/prices/timetable that you need. Some of them may not be in english but you should be able to figure out the costs after awhile.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 07:33 AM
james

I tried on the austrian and czech links but there're too much German that I couldn't able to get the price list. Anyone care to help pls....

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 07:27 AM
james

anyone please....

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 09:57 PM
kk

I am planning to Europe in August. Would very much interested to know too.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 10:10 AM
Judy

I know it isn't good form to mention other site, but if you ask the question on Lonelyplanet ThornTree Eastern Europe site,probably there will be more help.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 01:54 PM
Christina

you are in luck -- I just took the train from Prague to Krakow last month. Even first class, on an EC train, it was really cheap. I couldn't believe it, it cost me US$38 total, so second class would be cheaper, of course. <BR>Can't help you with the others, but that should give you an idea, probably. That was a total of about 8 hours trips, as I recall. I didn't do it in one trip, I stayed overnight down in Moravia in Olomouc (which is a rail juncture for the train going from Vienna to Krakow, which is why I did that, I did not want an overnight train). That was a good idea as that is a charming little town. I think it was about 3 hrs from Prague to Olomouc and then 5 hrs the next day from Olomouc to Krakow. The guy at the station told me my ticket from Prague to Krakow was good for a month, that I could stop anywhere on route during that time period.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 02:15 AM
Daniel

Train from Salzburg via Linz to the little border town of Summerau cost ?21,80 for an ordinary ticket (www.oebb.at). Trains from Summerau via the Chech border town Homi Dvoriste to Ceske Budejovice four times a day. The Czech website www.vlak-bus.cz (also in English!) is excellent for trains and buses in the CR, including prices in Kc.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 03:05 PM
krys

Go to the Eurail homepage and click on fares and schedules and that usually has the correct info in US dollars.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 04:32 PM
Christina

?? where do you find info on point to point tickets on the Eurail webpage (www.eurail.com)? As far as I can see, it only has the various railpass prices, which isn't surprising as that's what the Eurail company sells.