early flight from munich

Mar 9th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Original Poster

early flight from munich

realistically, what time should my wife and I arrive at the airport for a flight from munich to brussels. our flight leaves at 0705hrs. Is it the standard 2 hrs as in the states? this makes for a very early day. I ask, because in Nov. while flying through munich our connecting flight left at 8am and at 7am there were hardly any people at the airport--employees included!
Mar 10th, 2008, 03:29 AM

I've taken a 7am flight out of Munich several times this year, and recommend being there 2 hours in advance. It's hit or miss- last time was almost a miss when the check in line was wrapped around the terminal, no automated system, and then I was stuck in security. Other time I sailed through the automated system and had a lovely breakfast under Terminal B.

I catch the 4:05 or 4:20 S-Bahn from Marienplatz and am there in plenty of time.
Mar 10th, 2008, 03:41 AM

I'd agree with the two hours and the "hit or miss" notion. I've left MUC when I sailed right through check in and security and at other times it seemed like I waited forever.
Mar 10th, 2008, 08:30 AM
ira

t
Mar 10th, 2008, 09:05 AM

Agree with previous posters - the situation is too fluid to chance it. Get there early (also recommend S-bahn).
Mar 10th, 2008, 09:22 AM

7:05 will be a very busy time at the airport - many business travellers. There might be lines at check-in and at the security gates. Two hours would be plenty; the airlines say 90 minutes.

If things get tight, you should jump the lines, waving your ticket. (Or check in at the business class counter.)

If I fly Lufthansa and I have an electronic ticket, I make the internet check-in the evening before departure. This helps a lot. You may drop your baggage in the morning, using the automated system. But it depends on your airline if this is possible.

With the web-check-in and only handbaggage, I usually arrive 45 min before departure.