Search

Early Check-In

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Early Check-In

Do any nice hotels allow an early check-in? (late June). We arrive early in the am & I hate paying an extra night (esp since we need 2 rooms for a family of 5).
Thanks!
Old Apr 6th, 2004, 05:14 PM
rex

Please note:

from the help files that Fodors provides - - http://www.fodors.com/forums/faqs.cfm#Q6

Finally, create a title - make sure it is concise and clearly describes your message <b>(and destination, if applicable)</b>

(empasis is my own...)

&quot;We&quot; have no idea in what city you want said hotel(s).

Please re-post with a header that tells what city.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Apr 6th, 2004, 05:41 PM

I don't think the city makes any difference. My experinence has been that if the hotel has the room ready they will give it to you. (And I normally stay at 2 or 3 star hotels). That said a lot of hotels I stay at are small so the room will NOT be ready.
Old Apr 6th, 2004, 05:42 PM

Most hotels will allow you to check-in and will hold your luggage until your rooms is available. Use the time to get some breakfast and some fresh air, or do your errands,..pick up metro/tube tickets.scope out the neighborhod, etc

This would hold true in just about any city anywhere&gt;
Old Apr 6th, 2004, 05:46 PM

But, just curious, where are you going?
Old Apr 6th, 2004, 05:47 PM
Original Poster

Sorry, I meant in Paris.
Any suggestions for a &quot;chambre de famille&quot; besides Hotel de Fleurie (booked)...?
Old Apr 6th, 2004, 05:51 PM
ira

Hi Char,

For your family of five, try the Hotel Bonaparte. I think that they can give you a triple next to a double at reasonable cost.

Tel 33 (0)1 43 26 97 37
FAX 33 (0)1 46 33 57 67

They do not have a website or email.
Old Apr 6th, 2004, 07:49 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I think it depends on how booked the hotel is, and the cleaning schedule. Same as anywhere. If you room(s) are ready they'll let you check in, and always you can leave luggage if the room is not ready. You might try to talk to the front desk directly ahead of time and explain your schedule.
Old Apr 6th, 2004, 07:55 PM

Most often, if your room is not available when you arrive, the hotel will store your luggage. Whereupon, you stroll the neighborhood, collapse in a nearby cafe for a while, or pick up your museum/metro pass.
Old Apr 6th, 2004, 08:15 PM

I admit I have no experience in Paris, but all of the other cities I've flown into the hotels have accomodated an early check-in. Both big and small. Usually I call ahead and see if it is a problem - but I have never had a problem in Europe. I have had plenty of problems getting an early check-in in the U.S. Go figure.
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 04:49 AM

Char60,
As other posters have stated, you are able to check into the hotel earlier, if the room is ready. I have been very lucky, as every time I have been to Paris (different hotels, as well) the hotel was able to have the room ready early for me. They will allow you to leave your luggage there if the room is not ready yet. One time, after arriving in Paris very early in the morning the hotel told us they would try to have the room ready in 1-2 hours. We left our luggage with the hotel, went close by for coffee, and a bite to eat to kill time, and checked back with the hotel and the room was available even sooner then promised. I find the hotels I have stayed at always try to accomodate me when arriving earlier then the check in time, especially in Europe. When you arrive in Paris, I recommend going directly to your hotel, check on if earlier &quot;Check In&quot; is possible and leave your luggage with the hotel.It has been my experience that if the hotel knows you are there, they will speed up the cleaning of the room, etc, if available. Think Positive, and you may get lucky. The country does not matter, as I have been able to check in early in many countries-Italy,Spain,etc. Since you have 5 people a Tip would be &quot;a good thing&quot; as well to show gratitude to those who may help you at the hotel.