Ear planes

Jun 8th, 2000, 09:10 AM
Austin

Ear planes

Going to Paris tomorrow and am going to try ear planes--they are becoming very popular with people who occasionally have ear clogging problems and pain on takee offs and more often descents. Anybody here tried them and what do you think?
Thanks,
AHamel

Jun 8th, 2000, 10:45 AM
Christina

Since you bought them and are going to use them, maybe it would be good for you to tell us what you think after you do. I wouldn't decide whether to use them or not if you already bought them based on what people wrote on here. Also, it might bias your opinion if you believe you're going to experience something ahead of time, even if you don't, you will be predisposed a certain way so it will be better for you not to know others' opinions.

Jun 8th, 2000, 05:51 PM
Anna

My husband has problems with his ears equalizing to the pressure on take off and landing when we fly. He has tried the ear planes and now uses them every whenever we fly. We are both pharmacists so we tend to be skeptical of new products and their claims, but these do seem to help. I would also recommend taking a decongestant like Sudafed or using a nasal spray such as Afrin before flying.
Have a good trip!

Jun 8th, 2000, 06:55 PM
kerry

Leaving in 2 hours for 22 hour marathon flight from Sydney to Frankfurt. I often experience excruciating pain in my head during descent. No real problems with pain in the ears but my head feels like it is going to explode. Would ear planes help? Also if I can't find ear planes at the airport would 2 big lumps of blu tak do the same thing? Hurry please the clock is ticking.

Jun 8th, 2000, 07:01 PM
cally

No info re:earplugs -- suspect you'd have to wear them throughout the flight to keep pressure constant. A better idea might be an over-the-counter antihistamine (chlorpheniramine - sp?) or decongestant (I get headaches from the latter). Take it BEFORE the flight, refresh according to directions.

Good luck (I also take anti-inflamatory like ibuprofen before/during a flight along with antihistamine -- seems to help, esp. once on the ground).

Jun 8th, 2000, 07:31 PM
Donna

No experience with Ear Planes, myself. For ear clogging and pain on takeoffs, the usual chewing gum and deliberate yawning has always worked fine for me. Unless you're stuffed up, whereupon a shot of Flonase does wonders.

Jun 8th, 2000, 08:36 PM
Zingerblast

Dear AHamel,

I would definitely research the many brands that are out on the market these days, like my brand, "Zingerblast." German scientists took years to perfect this most amazing globulist concoction. It's all naturally based and is derived from 100% recycled plane food. The only side effect is that people have sometimes been known to belch from their ears.

Jun 9th, 2000, 06:14 AM
cally

Well, here we all are, with AHamel and Kerry supposedly long departed for their respective trips. Wonder how they did?

And I forgot to mention a squirt of Afrin before descent!