Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Veteran Fodorites - What's your favorite thread?

Apr 20th, 2000, 08:46 AM
Cindy

I'm fairly new to the forum, and I enjoy it quite a bit. I really like long, interesting threads, but one only runs into these now and then. I find debates to be interesting, and humor is even better. Does anyone have a favorite thread that they would like to share with newer readers? Extra special bonus points for taking the time to bring it to the top.

Thanks.

Apr 20th, 2000, 09:52 AM
lynn

My favorite was one posted on tax day last year, called "Is everyone here immensely wealthy?" or something similar to that. I realized after reading that thread that I was not the only person in America who budgeted, saved and sacrificed things in order to travel, and boy was that a nice feeling!

Apr 20th, 2000, 09:58 AM
s.fowler

Drnk Mom's Travel Limericks and the parent thread having to do with mom and jail - but the search function won't give it to me!
I also appreciated the thread on what to do with photos/postcards/souvenirs etc...

Apr 20th, 2000, 09:59 AM
jim

The Dr A thread, - hands down.

Apr 20th, 2000, 10:54 AM
Sheila

The one Sally refers to is "I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison" and it has had me rolling on the floor laughing.

The one about the gay place in Spain was interesting too- I've forgotten its name

Apr 20th, 2000, 11:24 AM
lola

Try searching for "washcloth."

Apr 20th, 2000, 11:30 AM
carolyn

I liked the ones about slitting the throats of the beanie babies and Tony Stellarossa's wedding.

Apr 20th, 2000, 11:55 AM
elvira

ANY thread with haggis-in-a-tube

Apr 20th, 2000, 12:46 PM
Diane

There are several I enjoyed enough to print out and save:
Take your geese come when you leave (which I moved to the top)
Why do you travel?
And, a while back Wes responded to a post using the names of places for other words: Wes, could you reprint, please?

Apr 20th, 2000, 12:48 PM
Diane

Okay...home, home, home.

Apr 20th, 2000, 12:57 PM
Karen

Paris bridges was hysterical.
I also loved responding to and reading the responses of others on the thread about moments when you thought you had entered a parallel universe. Only I can't remember what it was actually called.

Apr 20th, 2000, 01:06 PM
Brian in Atlatna

Topper, you listening?

Apr 20th, 2000, 02:34 PM
Paul J

There was a thread called:
Who are you? asking Fodorites to describe who they were, what they did, and their interest in travel. I thought it was very interesting..... Paul J

Apr 20th, 2000, 02:37 PM
Paul J

Correction on previous post. It is called Where are you?

Apr 20th, 2000, 04:04 PM
wes fowler

At Diane's request,
Since many of you AAR not CLERVAUXant, I'd BEST explain Diane's posting. SOMME TIME ago, I ERD by calling Giverney "Givenchy" INN resPONSe to a Fodor's POSTA. Hee, HEE, what a MUSTEK, readers must have thought, and I don't blame THEM. NOTA BRAINE in his head. As dumb as a THUM. AHA, they thought: Fowler, a GOLDEN AGER, IZE a SCHEER LEATHERHEAD. They SEE he's a real SCILLY LOUNY with no SENS despite the word TECH in his address. He should give up his MARTIGNYs and CHAMPAGNE and switch to AQUA LONGA and BOSCO.

Enough! Does anyone know where Hee, Mustek, Them, Aha, Tech and Louny are?

Apr 20th, 2000, 04:38 PM
dan woodlief

The one that made me laugh the most was the drunken, mother, prison thing. However, Wes' post mentioned above was about the most clever I have encountered here.

Apr 20th, 2000, 04:50 PM
KT

Wes --

DOUAI know? I MOSTARdmit I DONAU. WEAR? (As they say in NewCASTILE.)

Apr 20th, 2000, 07:37 PM
dan woodlief

Wes, I know that Mustek is a metro stop in Prague. Based on that knowledge, I found that Louny is also in the Czech Republic. Are the others there too?

Apr 20th, 2000, 07:50 PM
Linda

1. I was drunk the day my momma got out of prison.

2. Elvira's Loons

3. What took your breath away?

4. Anything asked by Wes Fowler.

5. Dr. Abate sightings

Apr 20th, 2000, 08:28 PM
julie

Well, one that I started about "rules to use but don't abuse" started a riot...from washcloths to "haggis in a tube". If I were not a Foders die-hard, the responses and the lunacy would have put me off...but everyone had fun, and we have since revisted some of the topics, like "shared" bath facilities, which, incidentally are a reality many parts of Europe. search on the above "rules to use but not abuse" for the time of your life.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO