Reload this Page >

Duck Boots in London?

Search

Duck Boots in London?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2000, 03:59 PM
Ruth

Duck Boots in London?

I will be in London later this upcoming week and the forecast says Rain EVERY day I plan on being there. Is taking my L.L. Bean "duck" boots a good idea? They are waterproof.

Old Nov 18th, 2000, 04:19 PM
wendy

Are they comfy? I have duck shoes that I miserably regret buying because they are very uncomfortable so I would never dream of taking them anywhere I have to walk alot. Instead, buy some Kiwi water resistant spray stuff and treat your comfortable shoes.

Old Nov 18th, 2000, 04:50 PM
Vanessa

Yes, if they are comfortable, that would be a great idea. It rained half the time I was there this past Sept. We vowed that we'd keep to our sightseeing routine through the rain, but cold toes and wet clothes put a damper on everything, especially our first day there. I was really soaked the first day, but by the middle of the trip I learned that when I was wet and got to our destination, the first place I headed was the hand dryers in the women's washrooms. I felt much better after drying up.

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 01:49 PM
topper

up please

Old Nov 22nd, 2000, 01:57 PM
Mike

Don't mock the afflicted

Old Nov 23rd, 2000, 02:48 AM
karen

If you are remaining in London (i.e., not traipsing about the countryside), I wouldn't take your Bean boots - too heavy and too clunky for a city. London may be wet, but it has a drainage system - unlikely that you'll be stepping in the big muddy puddles that Bean boots are good for. You'll probably feel happier in comfy water-resistant shoes.