Dublin in September

Jun 3rd, 2004, 06:43 AM
Original Poster

Dublin in September

I am considering a trip to Dublin in early September. I know the weather in Ireland is very unpredictable and it can rain often, but does anyone know how September compares to other months? I know the east coast gets somewhat less rain than the west. Anyone been near Dublin in September and could share your weather experiences?
Jun 3rd, 2004, 07:22 AM

September's a great time to visit Ireland. May and September tend to have, anecdotally at least, the least rain.
Jun 3rd, 2004, 07:26 AM

I live here and sSeptember is a nice month to visit. The crowds die down a bit and the temperatures are cool but nice.
Aug 24th, 2004, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. I have been checking some websites for Dublin weather and they all seem to be saying different things. (One says dry today; one says 80% chance of rain.) Does anyone know of a site they find to be more reliable than the others? Thanks.
Aug 24th, 2004, 08:08 AM

The weather report for September in Dublin is : Mostly fine, with some rain, mild temperatures except for a possible chilly patch, or a freak unseasonable scorcher ....
I've had all the windows wide open one day and then and firmly shut with the heat on the next in September.
But seriously, Sept can be a very pleasant month ... compared to say March when it's cold, windy and frequently overcast.
Layers is the answer. Be prepared for 4 seasons in one day.
Aug 24th, 2004, 08:13 AM

We spent Sept. 2-16 in Ireland a few years ago and had great weather--hardly any rain at all, actually. I wore long-sleeve shirts and light sweaters, sometimes a light jacket at night. It was a great time of year to go.
Aug 25th, 2004, 12:46 AM

You will never get a guarantee of weather here. Remember we are an Island in the Atlantic and we get hit by several weather patterns off the sea. As well the Gulf stream warms things up in the sourty around Cork. Check the weather when the time is closer to your trip.
Aug 25th, 2004, 12:53 AM
pnestor

http://www.rte.ie/weather/

Reports can be off for the reasons that SiobhanP gave, i.e. that we are the first land fall for weather systems coming off the Atlantic, so we can have a mixture of weather in one single day.

But the address above is a link to a 3 day forecast from the national weather advisory and is 'usually' pretty acurate!

P