Search

Dublin Hotel with swimming pool

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25th, 2004, 01:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dublin Hotel with swimming pool

Hi

Are there any hotels in Dublin that have a good swimming pool and jacuzzi/hot tub/steam room etc? Preferably a 4/5 star? Would of course be great if it were central and walking distance to Grafton Street.

Much appreciated

Angela
Old Nov 25th, 2004, 02:50 AM

The Shelbourne Hotel has a pool,sauna, steam room & jacuzzi and is only a minutes walk from Grafton Street.
Old Nov 25th, 2004, 05:09 AM

The shelborne is the only one I can think of in the city. I am not crazy about the hotel itself as its getting a bit dated but I know they were doing up some rooms. Give them a ring and ask. The pool is actually in the Gym and it is Fab. I was a member there many moons ago and it is never really busy. They have a hot tub and steam room as well and it is free to gursts from what I remember.
Old Nov 25th, 2004, 05:20 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick replies.

I'm going to phone the Shelbourne tonight. It's perfect as its so central to the city, and I'm not too bothered about it being a bit old inside as we plan to be out shopping and lunching all day, and trying some of Dublins fab restaurants at night!! My husband and I both really love a relaxing swim and hottub before dinner, so this sounds just perfect.

It's just a quick weekend break, we're just 2 hours away from you in Co Armagh. I have been looking at Kilkea Castle and Kinnitty Castle which are both about an hour from Dublin and sound lovely, but the lure of the city is calling, cos I havent been there for ages!!

Many thanks Cailin and Siobhan!!

Angela
Old Nov 26th, 2004, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

Hi

Any opinions on the Merrion Hotel? After a bit of research I see this has a swimming pool and spa too. Isn't this very close to the Shelbourne Hotel, if I remember correctly?

Its also a good excuse to try Patricks restaurant, which is on my 'to-do' list!

Thanks

Angela
Old Nov 26th, 2004, 08:21 AM

I didn't realise the Merrion had a pool - if it does, go for it!! It's a fab hotel. I presume by Patricks you mean Guilbauds? DEFINITELY worth a visit if you don't mind spending a lot of money on a great meal! The night before we leave to go on honeymoon next year we are going to stay at the Merrion and dine in Guilbauds - I can't wait!!