Dublin hotel recommendations

Jan 22nd, 2002, 02:17 PM
Larry

Dublin hotel recommendations

Looking for affordable hotels in Dublin and Galway. Taking two older children, so will need two rooms. Any suggestions?

Jan 22nd, 2002, 02:29 PM
Dottie

Jury's in Galway and Dublin is affordable but hard to get into. Call ahead for reservations. Jury's in Dublin is "Jury's Christchurch" and right in City Center. (There are two other Jury's but not as good locations) There is also a Comfort Inn on Talbot in Dublin for IR 70 per night and that is right in City Center. Also Wynns and The Bridge House both in City Center and both around 100 Euros per night. Hope this helps.

Jan 22nd, 2002, 02:50 PM
Judy

I would second the rec for Jury's Galway. I loved the location, and alas, I wish I had stayed there.
Judy

Jan 22nd, 2002, 03:49 PM
Bill

The Blooms and the Aston (in Dublin) are in the heart of Temple Bar which if you're driving isn't much fun, but there is a bus from the airport for 4 pounds that drops you within a few blocks. The bus is called Aircoach. The Ibis hotel at M50 and N7 is similar to a Jury's and VERY easy to get to. It was about 50 ponds per night for a room for two (may be a little more now) and very comfortable) It's on the Northeast "quadrant" of the "intersection of the two roads off N7.

Bill

Jan 24th, 2002, 10:46 PM
Anne

There is a Jury's Custom House Inn near the O'Connell bridge. It is in a better location than the Christchurch Inn, overlooking the River Liffey. We got two rooms for our family of four.