Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Dublin Airport-B&B or offsite long-term parking

Oct 27th, 2004, 04:28 AM
Original Poster

I need somewhere near Dublin airport to park my car for 3.5 weeks. Do any offsite carparks exist? I've also heard some B&Bs will let you leave your car, but I'm having trouble finding places.

Any help? BTW, the hotels at the airport don't do this.
Oct 27th, 2004, 07:37 AM

Hi Ann,

To be honest some people would be suspicious asking to park your car there unless maybe you are staying at the B&B for a night before. I assume you are going home to the states for a trip and driving to Dublin. When are you going (Dates?) I can ask around for you. Alternatively why not get a bus or train to Dublin and then airport? I lost my car space so I would have offered you mine in town. There is a pub called the The carriage house 01-840-1827. It's beside the airport, you could always try you chances and call them. You would be better off getting a lift down.

Let me know if you find anything

S
Oct 27th, 2004, 08:37 AM

There is a cheaper car park than the airport one - it's run by the same people that operate Aircoach I think. It's something like €5 a day as opposed to the €7 a day at the airport. They transport you to the terminal by bus. I'm not sure what it's called, but it's on the road between Santry and the Airport (off the main M1/N1.

The Holiday Inn at the airport allows you to park for 15 days if you stay there for one night (perhaps if you stay for 2 they might allow you to stay for twice as long?)
Oct 27th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Original Poster

I tried Holiday Inn and they said they didn't do the long-term parking any more. Of course, the person I talked to couldn't really be bothered. But regardless, two nights would cost more than 25 days parking.

Siobhan--6-30 Nov. Yes I would be staying at the B&B the night before, not just dropping off my car! I have an offer of a lift down, it's getting home on a Thursday when everyone's working and DH is still in the USA that's a problem.

I discovered there's a bus that runs between Belfast to Dublin Airport, which would be great if I didn't live 25 miles from Belfast and I wasn't going to have more luggage than I know what to do with or could cart around by myself--bringing a bunch of stuff back with me that I HAVE to bring back. I may just have to cab it from Belfast.

cailin-I'll check out AirCoach. They do the bus between Belfast and the airport. Maybe they have monthly rates.
Oct 28th, 2004, 11:47 AM

Ann, Airport View Guest House outside Swords has long term parking for their patrons. Do a Google for the website and send them an inquiry.
Nov 1st, 2004, 01:56 PM
Original Poster

Didn't see that last post before I booked the Broad Meadows B&B. 60 euros for the night and 25 days of parking.

Thanks for all of the suggestions.
Nov 1st, 2004, 02:25 PM

Ann, I just looked at the Broad Meadow's website and it looks grand. I would enjoy hearing about it when you return. Have a great trip.
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

Will post when I get back. 25 days of eating my way around Washington, DC. Whoo hoo!
Feb 20th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Original Poster

Okay, so it's only been a year and a half since I said I would post on the Broad Meadows.

The whole thing did not work out as planned. The place was very difficult to find at night, and it's out in the country, and the roads of course were pitch black, and it took me much longer to get there than I had anticipated. The place itself was fine, but I thought the room was a little rundown, and the heat had not been turned on before I arrived.

Then I discovered that while the B&B owners will take you to the airport, you have to get a taxi on the return leg, which cost me 30 euro. I also had to wait about 2 hours, outside on the sidewalk, for the taxi. The owners had told me to ring the taxi when I got to the airport--the taxi company said I should have booked ahead!

In the end, it would have been cheaper and less hassle just to park at the airport!
Feb 22nd, 2006, 01:10 PM

Try

www.quickpark.ie
Its €5 per day, and they shuttle you to and from the airport. Its a good sevice i've used it many times, but never for more than 10 days.
You can book it online but you need to book a bit in advance as its quite popular.
Hope this can be of help to you Ann.