Dublin

Sep 6th, 2001, 05:05 PM
karen

Dublin

We are planning a week's vacation in Dublin in December. e will be taking our 25 year old son and are looking for a centrally located hotel that would appeal to him as well as us -- maybe one with a lively pub nearby. Any suggestions? I'd say we could afford about $175.00 per night at the most as we want to get 2 rooms.

Sep 6th, 2001, 05:44 PM
Cathy

Karen,

Contact the Irish Tourist Board (www.ireland.travel.ie) and ask them to forward you the specials that are on offer at the moment - however Dublin is expensive and attracts a lot of visitors and in the run up to Christmas expect heavy demand for rooms. Jurys Inn is located at Christchurch andit is reasonabley prices on a per room basis and not a per person basis.

Have you considered using B&Bs ? They might be more suitable and cheaper,

Cathy

Sep 7th, 2001, 04:49 AM
Karen

Cathy, thanks for your reply

Sep 7th, 2001, 06:01 AM
Judy

Hi Karen(and Cathy too), we stayed at O' Niell's Pub and Townhouse. It was in a great location(accross from Trinity College). The price was 70punts per night per room with an Irish breakfast included. You could get two rooms for around 140 punts..... plus I think your son would just LOVE O'Neill's Pub. We did, it was a quite wonderful pub. FYI, Judy

Sep 7th, 2001, 08:37 AM
Mick

O'Neills is an excellent pub. There are many more in the immediate vicinity that are equally good. One, the International, has stand-up comedy every Thursday night (check out www.wow.ie for details) --- well worth a visit.

More info on my website--- Dublin from an American POV

All the best

Mick
www.dfaguide.com

Sep 7th, 2001, 03:00 PM
Cathy

Judy,

Great to hear that you had a good time at O'Neills

Cathy