Reload this Page >

Lake Como, Italy

Search

Lake Como, Italy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 06:46 AM
al pizz

Lake Como, Italy

Does anyone have any experience with the Hotel Albergo Terminus? How about Side trips from Come to other Lake destinations. Is it easier to get to MXP from Como or Milano, any sugesstions?

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 08:20 AM
Rex

Strongly recommend a "side trip" to Villa Balbianello - - accessible by boat only. One of the most outstanding places in all of Italy. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 08:29 AM
Loved

I agree with you on Villa Balbianello, Rex. It's not a large estate, but every view is perfect. The mountains, the trees, the water... every view is like a perfectly framed painting. Bellissima!

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 12:34 PM
micia

Hi, <BR>The distance to MXP from either Como or Milano is about the same. <BR>I would'nt make my decision based on this. <BR>As for other lakes, you can get to Lago Maggiore, Lago di Lugano, and Lago di Garda very easily. <BR>

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 12:51 PM
Howard

In addition to the previous recommendations, you should include ferry rides to Varenna (walk through the town and visit Villa Monastero), Tremezzo (visit Villa Carlotta) and Bellagio (visiting a variety of sites).

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 02:49 PM
mary

We stayed in Bellagio for two nights and then one night in Como. We passed the Albergo Terminus which faces the lake-- I am not sure if there are views of the lake from the hotel. The only reason we stayed in Como was to be closer to Malpensa without having to take the ferry from Bellagio early in the morning. We ended up taking a taxi to the airport from our hotel ( the Barchetta Excelsior) which was fine (not great) but had a lovely view overlooking the lake with a balcony. Como is a nice town with lots of shopping, but we preferred the other points on the lake for scenery, etc. The taxi was well worth it --- the driver was very professional and got us to the airport quickly!!!! The cost was around 75.00 for three of us! <BR>Enjoy <BR>Mary