Reload this Page >

Dry Cleaning bags?

Search

Dry Cleaning bags?

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2002, 04:59 AM
Joseph

Dry Cleaning bags?

I have read a lot on packing your clothes in dry cleaning bags to prevent wrinkles. I never use a dry cleaning service, so I am kind of confused. Are you all talking about the bags they give your clean clothes back in, the thin plastic bag covering? Or is there a different bag that I can only get at a dry cleaners? Yes this is a serious question, I just have no idea. Thank you!

Old May 22nd, 2002, 05:02 AM
k

Yes-the plastic "bag" that is hanging on the hanger with your cleaned clothes.<BR>In your case,not using dry cleaners, large zip locks are sold that you can use.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 05:07 AM
Joseph

Thank you K, just curious!

Old May 22nd, 2002, 05:55 AM
Janice

Ask nicely, and offer a little bit of $ (which is generally refused) and some cleaners will just give you a couple of bags. Of course if you've never used the cleaner before, they might not be quite as accommodating...<BR>But you could also use the plastic bags that come over some garments you buy in stores. Or, a friend of mine uses garbage bags with holes poked in the top for the hanger to stick through. No matter what form of plastic you use, it's a good system for taking clothes on hangers.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 06:08 AM
Therese

I use the drycleaning bag technique to pack, but don't use hangers at all when I pack: bulky, weight that I don't need.