Reload this Page >

Drop your luggage at Victoria!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 05:40 PM
Marty

I'm sure this has been said recently, but if you are leaving London by the Gatwick Express, don't forget that both British Air and American Airlines will allow you to check in, get your boarding pass, and send your luggage on at Victoria station! It certainly makes arriving at the airport and taking to the shuttle to the other North Terminal a breeze! As you approach the Gatwick Express boarding platform they are both to the right of the escalator.

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 06:30 AM
David White

Marty, <BR> <BR>...and if you are leaving from Heathrow, many airlines have check-in counters at Paddington rail station (where you catch the Heathrow Express train to that airport) <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 02:42 PM
=0)

I'm sure it's a great idea if it works. I was in London last week and came home Fri. March 16th. Was taking a BA filght from Gatwick to Phx. Got to Victoria and was told that they had a computer virus and we couldn't check in there. Got to the airport and was a total mess. But aside from the flight home, my trip was wonderful.

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 02:54 PM
Moira

I thought the luggage check at Paddington for the Heathrow Express was not available for international flights -- did I make that up? Maybe it was just the airline I used (Virgin Atlantic) that wouldn't let us check at Paddington for flying to the US.

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 03:01 PM
Ger

Moira: <BR> <BR>you can check in for international flights at Paddington (the STAR alliance at least - United, Air Canada etc) but must do so about 2 or 2.5 hours before flight time. <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 03:27 PM
Gina

Last I heard, Virgin was one of the few airlines that didn't allow check-in at Paddington. Not sure why.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 04:40 PM
ray

If one is landing at Gatwick and needs to get to King's Cross fora train to York, does an alternative train exist to taking the tube/taxi from Victoria Station? Cant find info on the sites I've visited.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 08:40 AM
len

we checked our luggage at the American Airlines office near the Gatwick express in Victoria Station , very easy and convenient....then we went and toured Westminster Abby unencumbered before our afternoon flight from Gatwick....a great service!