Customs at C.D.G./Paris

Mar 25th, 2001, 08:05 AM
steve

Customs at C.D.G./Paris

We will be arriving at 7:30 AM at CDG on a Friday- I have someone coming to pick us up-
How much time should we allow for customs?
I don't want my friend to have to wait too
long.

Mar 25th, 2001, 08:10 AM
StCirq

In recent years it has been taking longer and longer to get out of the airport at CDG. I usually figure it's going to take me 45 minutes to get my luggage and clear Customs.

Mar 25th, 2001, 08:24 AM
Rich

Customs is a walk thru, takes no time at all (just don't make eye contact) Luggage will often take up to 45 mins.

Rich

Mar 25th, 2001, 08:14 PM
steve

What if I don't have any luggage?

Mar 25th, 2001, 08:42 PM
Rex

You'll be through quick as a bunny (20 minutes?). In fact the margin of error of your flight's arrival (in both directions; trans-atlantic flights can be early by significant elements of time, not just late) is probably greater than the time to get through customs and passport control.

Best wishes,

Rex

Mar 26th, 2001, 07:01 AM
StCirq

If you don't have luggage, you'll be out in half the time. Be sure to RUN to Passport Control, though. LOADS of planes arrive around 7:30, and the hallway leading up to Passport Control fills up very quickly.

Mar 27th, 2001, 09:45 AM
Fred

It depends on your luggage. If you have just carryon maybe 15 minutes from the time you arrive at the terminal. That could be 15-20 minutes after you land, especially if you have to take a bus from the plane to the terminal. If you have to wait for checked luggage could be another 30 minutes, 45 minutes, depends on when your luggage comes out. E-mail me for more Paris information. [email protected]