Reload this Page >

Driving Milan to Lucca

Search

Driving Milan to Lucca

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 08:24 AM
Mark

Driving Milan to Lucca

I'm driving in the afternoon from Milan to Lucca. I would like to arrive in Lucca by 7 -8 pm. What time should I leave Milan? Can anyone suggest the best route? Places of interest that are worth stopping at. Should I take the inland route A1 to A15 then A12 or A1 to A35 or should I take the coastal route A7 to A12. <BR>Thanks!! <BR>Mark

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 10:45 AM
Rex

From www.geoshellstar.com - - <BR> <BR>2 Hours, 35 Minutes for 259 Kilometres <BR> <BR>... and yes, they show A1 to A15. <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 11:14 AM
Joe

We actually drove the route Rex suggests this last July. While distance in Kilometers might suggest otherwise, it took us three and one-half hours with a stop for lunch. Much of it is slow going behind trucks and through hilly, windy terrain, especially on A15. <BR>We did stop in Parma (not counted in three and one-half hours) for a quick genuflection to prosciutto (bought some and feasted for the next week). Intewresting ride, again, especially A15.

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 11:43 AM
Rex

The personal input is what people seek so much here, Joe. <BR> <BR>I suspect that I might drive this route in the time listed here or less. I have never driven BEHIND a truck before. <BR> <BR>Siempre con piedi di plombo... <BR> <BR>Rex <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 10:55 PM
Joe

There are stretches on the A15 that are two lane, narrow and winding. It was sometimes difficult to pass a slow going truck for a long time.