Driving LeHavre to Paris?

Apr 14th, 2002, 07:58 AM
Victoira

Driving LeHavre to Paris?

Will be in France for one day. Thinking of a getting a rental car and driving to Paris. Can it be done? How long a trip? Would train be better? Meeting Michael in Paris for tour.
Thank-you for your help.
Victoria

Apr 14th, 2002, 08:26 AM
Debbie

We were just in France two weeks ago and had rented a car that broke down-we were driving from Paris to Honfleur(near Le Havre). We ended up taking the train from Paris to LeHavre and it was about 2 hours,gorgeous scenery and about $22 euros per adult one way.There are trains going back and forth Le Havre/Paris about every two/three hours.If you only have the one day-I would definitely vote for the train as you would be using up all your time driving.

Apr 19th, 2002, 04:53 AM
Victoria

Thanks Debbie, I think you are right the train is the only way to go. If I can just get off the ship in time to make the 7:55AM trip I will be just fine.Thanks again,
Vicki

May 7th, 2002, 12:11 PM
mms

Victoira,

We will also be stopping in Le Havre for one day (Aug 2) on a Celebrity Cruise. Do you know how far it is from the harbor to the train station? Will you plan to just take a taxi?

Thanks and have fun
Mary

May 23rd, 2002, 06:45 PM
VickiC

Hi Mary,
Sorry it took so long to reply. But have been very busy. I think the train station is not far from the port and I was told there are scads of taxi's waiting when we drop anchor. So we plan on taking a taxi to train, then train to Paris. Looked into renting a car but decided we just don't want to drive in Paris. We are waiting for the info from Carnival Cruise lines on there transporation to Paris but they have not got anything about this yet. Thought that way we would be sure and not miss the boat if we use their bus. Will just wait and see what they will provide. There are 5 of us in our party so really all depends on the cost.
Vicki
Let me know when you return what you found in LEHarve as far as taxi service.