Driving into Brussels

Old Apr 19th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Original Poster

Driving into Brussels

I am driving from Germany into Belgium and had planned to stay in Bruges and take the train into Brussels for the day.However I find that I will be driving near Brussels on a saturday enroute to Bruges and am considering staying in Brussels.Can anyone advise whether this is a good or bad idea.Thank you very much
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 01:35 PM

I've never driven into Brussels, so I can't answer your questions. If Brussels doesn't work out, however, you might consider staying in Leuven, just a few miles from Brussels. It is a much smaller town, easier to navigate by car. There is a huge parking garage underneath the train station. Rates are less expensive than Brussels
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 01:37 PM

Brussels is an easy city to navigate and there won't be anywhere near the traffic on a Saturday as there is on weekdays.
It's simple enough to get on and off the ring road that circles the city - exits are well marked.

I've lived in Brussels on and off since 1964 and I think it's definitely worth an overnight visit....

Patricia