Reload this Page >

Driving in Spain

Search

Driving in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 11:20 AM
Katie

Driving in Spain

Where can I find distance(mileage) between towns in Spain? In planning our itinerary, I need to know approx. how long the drive is between towns we want to visit. Does anyone know of a up-to-date book or on-line reference?

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 02:33 PM
Paulo

You may try the Michelin site, Katie <BR> <BR>http://www.michelin-travel.com/eng/i...mande/vide.cgi <BR> <BR>Good luck! <BR> <BR>Paulo <BR> <BR>PS. The above address is a shortcut and at times it appears not to work ... If that's the case, try choosing /Prepare your route in <BR>http://www.michelin-travel.com/eng/sommaire.cgi <BR>

Old Nov 1st, 2000, 06:01 AM
Jean Valjean

You can also try mapquest.com

Old Nov 1st, 2000, 06:57 AM
Colleen

Or try euroshell.com. We just got back a couple of weeks ago, and I kept track of distances/time between places in Andalucia - email me, if you'd like to. <BR>

Old Nov 1st, 2000, 04:41 PM
Pedro

I live in Seville so I could give you any information about distances or timing you like.

Old Nov 2nd, 2000, 12:45 PM
J. Gallagher

Pedro (or anyone else!)...if you wouldn't mind, do you have any recommendations for places to stay in Sevilla. We're looking for one of the quainter places to stay that also has a convenient location for sightseeing. We'll only be in town for one or two nights. <BR>Thanks!

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 05:37 AM
Patrick

We absolutely loved Las Casas de la Juderia, which we discovered from a number of posts on this website. It was in the heart of the tourist area or Seville and oozing charm and character, with an outstandingly helpful and friendly young staff. You might do a search here and find a number of comments on it.

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 07:10 AM
J. Gallagher

Patrick...thank you for your suggestion. I did find it and gave a call but it looks like they're booked. Do you by any chance recall any other nice places from your vist? <BR> <BR>Thanks again, <BR>Jackie <BR>

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 04:06 PM
Pedro

By its situation: <BR> <BR>Hotel Dońa Maria <BR>Hotel Los Seises <BR> <BR>Also very interesting: <BR> <BR>Hotel Casas de los Mercaderes <BR>Hotel Patio de la Cartuja <BR>Hotel La Rábida

Old Nov 4th, 2000, 03:08 PM
pat disharoon

we just got back from spain. we had a regular map and tracked milage according to the map. however, if i had it to do all over again, i would have gotten the michelin maps. we got the michelin travel guide not knowing that you have to order maps to correlate with the guide. it would have been most helpful if we had that. we were in southern spain, so we did not have to worry about mountainous driving except on the road to ronda.our biggest problem as far as driving was in the city of granada. we stayed lost for at least two hours. the streets are not marked. we stayed at the hotel dauro in granada and we finally got so frustrated that we hired at taxi to drive us to the hotel. as far as driving this was a nightmare for us. in looking at things in retrospect, we would have parked outside of town and taken a taxi to the hotel. there were a lot of motorcycles and apparently they are not under the same driving standards that cars are accustomed to. <BR>other than that driving was not difficult. the autovias are very good. if you are going to gibraltor, be sure to go very very early. there were waiting lines to get on the rock.