Reload this Page >

Driving Help-Shannon-Dingle-Dublin

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 08:49 AM
Anthony

We are planning a trip in June/July 2003. It will be our first return since 1989.<BR><BR>Tentatively, we are going to land at Shannon, rent a car, then drive to Dingle. Six days later we would drive to Dublin to catch a flight to Paris. I would like to know how much time I should leave for each leg:<BR>Shannon to Dingle<BR>Dingle to Dublin<BR><BR>As always, thanks for any advice you might offer.<BR><BR>Anthony

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 09:22 AM
Pat

The roads in Ireland have improved over the last decade. Shannon to Dingle should take you about 2.5 Hours or so depending on your driving speed. Dingle to Dublin about 3 to 4 hours. Make sure to arrive in Dublin outside the morning and evening rush &quot;hour&quot; as the traffic is chatoic. Aim to arrive mid day.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 09:36 AM
Anthony

Pat, <BR><BR>Thanks that is just the advice I was looking for. I have heard similar stories about Dublin traffic.<BR><BR>Failte!<BR><BR>Anthony

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 12:12 PM
Lillie Harty

I would allow 6 hours from Dingle to Dublin unless you leave around 6am.It is about 220 miles.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 09:43 AM
bill

Pat's estimates seem pretty optimistic to me. Michelin puts Dingle to Dublin at just over 5 hours and Shannon to Dingle at 3. I find Michelin to be a bit optimistic also. As Lillie said, figure 6 hours to Dublin and 3-4 to Dingle. Both of those times would be by the fastest routes and not include much in the way of stopping.<BR><BR>Bill