driver for Nuremberg to Munich

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2024, 02:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have experience or recommendations for arranging a private driver for travel from Nuremberg to Munich?
I am aware of the great options for travel by train. Unfortunately, my travel companion has some mobility issues that make the train station with luggage difficult to manage.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old May 22nd, 2024, 02:16 PM

I have never done this personally but you might try contacting the tourist information offices in Nuremberg (Nürnberg) or Munich (München). I assume they will have a list of drivers or at least be able to tell you how to proceed. But maybe someone else who has done what you want to do will contribute here.

Good luck!

Lavandula
Old May 23rd, 2024, 12:40 AM

I've used Black Lane, the global car service, for auto trips between Basel and Frankfurt airport (major train issues and was traveling with my mobility-impaired mother who came with three suitcases). They were ok, but not cheap and I wasn't completely happy with the driver. But I also used Black Lane in the US for trips from Philadelphia airport to the Lehigh Valley and the service was much better with them.

You could check with Black Lane for comparison and availability just in case: https://www.blacklane.com/en/

FWIW, the trip between FRA airport and Basel cost 600 euros in a Mercedes E class. However, one of my complaints was that it wasn't a regular E class, it was one of those four-door coupes that had very little leg room in the back. And I had suggested we take a break at the large, modern, well equipped rest stop on the autobahn outside Baden-Baden. Instead he blew right past it and stopped at some bare bones facility that was barely above the level of porta potties. And when we got to Basel he didn't know how to get to our destination, I had to give him directions (good thing I live there!). So...on a scale of 1 to 10, I gave them a 4. I did complain to their head office and was offered a 50 euro discount on a future trip but ....

Last edited by WeisserTee; May 23rd, 2024 at 12:46 AM.
Old May 24th, 2024, 06:27 AM

Thanks for the replies.
WeisserTee, this was very helpful. I really appreciate it.
We leave next week, and now I have one less thing to worry about : )