Search

Dresden

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 10:17 AM
erica

Dresden

I am planning to stay in Dresden for 1 night and since I have to make the most of my time, does anyone know which area to stay in, and the name of a moderate/ budget hotel. <BR> <BR>Thanks.

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 10:37 AM
kk

Erica, Dresden is a small treasure and you should stay as near as you can get to the heart of it--the Zwinger Palace/Opera House, that area. Don't stay on the other side of the River Elbe. I think that side is called Neu Stadt, or something like that. <BR>I can't recommend the hotel we stayed in because it was more expensive and farther away with a river view. Here is a web site to get you started... <BR>http://www.funtastikeurope.com/Dresd...resden_12.html

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 09:00 PM
topper

worthy of some better exposure <BR>

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 03:13 AM
Dave

Hi Erica! <BR> <BR>Even if you don't stay in Dresden-Neustadt- you should definetely go and see this part of the town. It is a very nice quarter, you feel as if it the turn of the century.. <BR>Do not forget "Das blaue Wunder", an old bridge (19th century- I think)

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 06:29 AM
erica

Thanks for the input. I will probably stay at of the IBIS group hotels. Not sure what side of the river. Seems to be centrally located and price is right.

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 08:30 AM
k

Erica, I looked up the Ibis chain for Dresden and found out that their three hotels are about half a mile from the Zwinger Palace, on the same side of the River Elbe in a modern suburb. Not too bad a location but not atmospheric. They are at Prager Straße - 01069 Dresden. <BR> <BR>