Dordogne hotel question

Search

Dordogne hotel question

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2003, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dordogne hotel question

Does anyone know anything about the Hotel le Relais de Moussidiere? It's apparently 1 km outside of Sarlat and has 3 stars, but I don't know much aside from that.

Also, I know the weather in August in the Dordogne will be hot, but I don't know how hot, or what the humidity is like. Any insights? Thanks!

Old May 28th, 2003, 11:29 AM

It's a huge, rambling place that sits on a large outcropping of rock about a mile from Sarlt. I haven't seen rooms there, but the lobby is lovely and very typical of the region, with an enormous fireplace and tile floors. It's in the middle of a large park and has a huge swimming pool and a good restaurant.

A typical Dordogne August is both hot and humid.
Old May 28th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

St. Cirq, thanks so much for your response. Huge and rambling, but somewhat charming, in your opinion, if I'm reading you right? Seem like a good place to stay?

Sorry to be too dense, but what exactly does hot and humid mean? I'm coming from Washington, D.C., which is unbearable in the 90-degree range, typically. Can I expect that, or in the 80s?
Old May 28th, 2003, 01:01 PM

Sarah:

Yes, it looks like a very nice place to stay - unless you're looking for something "intimate."

Well, I'm from Alexandaria, VA, so we probably have similar climates! I'd say August in the Dordogne is about like July here, but cooler at night by a wee bit.
Old May 28th, 2003, 04:35 PM

The Dordogne can be hot and humid, but usually less so than DC or NYC. Moreover, heat and humidity are usually more bearable in the countryside than in the city. BTW, it was cold and rainy last August, according to friends of mine.