Reload this Page >

Dominion Theatre

Search

Dominion Theatre

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 03:30 AM
catty

Dominion Theatre

Hi<BR><BR>Can any fellow-Englishman (woman!) help with my enquiry! I'm coming to London next week and will be spending the day in the city before going to see We Will Rock You at the Dominion.<BR><BR>My enquiries are:<BR>How far a walk is the Dominion Theatre from the top end of Oxford Street (Centre Point)?<BR><BR>Are there any restaurants near to the theatre (walkable) that do pre-theatre dinners?<BR><BR>How much should I expect to pay for a taxi from the Dominion Theatre to Marylebone Station?<BR><BR>Many thanks for your help.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 04:58 PM
starspinners

I'm an American but can answer parts of your question..*S*<BR>The Dominion Theater is on Tottenham Court Road ,the Tube station is directly to your left as you leave the theater... only a matter of a few yards walk. ( That would be an inexpensive way to get to Marlebone Station. But if you still prefer a taxi, maybe someone else can help you with your question about the fare.)<BR>Centre Point is also to the left of the theater as you face Tottenham Court Road... very near where Charing Cross Rd, Oxford Street, New Oxford and Tottenham Court Road interect.. an easy walk. <BR>There are many places to eat in the area , but I do not know for sure which feature a pre-theater menu. You will be in walking distance of Soho where there are many restaurants. And also you will be within walking distance of the Wagamama on Streatham Street .. not a fancy place, but a fun place to eat Japanese noodles.<BR>Oh, there are also some hotels at the corner of Bloomsbury Steet & Great Russell which have nice resturants... those too are less than a 3 minute walk from the theater.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 05:02 PM
starspinners

Please pardon the typos in my previous message. I obviously hit the send button toooooooooooo quickly! *S*

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 05:06 PM
x

Just read a review regarding We Will Rock You. Not much of a plot, but if you're a Queen fan, you'll have a blast.

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 04:49 AM
info

topping for catty

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 10:19 AM
david west

How far a walk is the Dominion Theatre from the top end of Oxford Street (Centre Point)?<BR><BR>A stones throw, they are next to ne another<BR><BR>Are there any restaurants near to the theatre (walkable) that do pre-theatre dinners?<BR><BR>About a million. You are 5 minutes wlak from china town and soho. If Chinese isn't your style try either Kettners or Zilli Fish in soho<BR><BR>How much should I expect to pay for a taxi from the Dominion Theatre to Marylebone Station?<BR><BR>&pound;5-7 before 10pm about &pound;9 afterwards. The tube is good though, get the central line from Tottenham Ct Rd to Oxford Circus and the Bakerloo line to marylebone.

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 11:03 AM
beth gibbs

we just saw it a few weeks ago and loved it. we ate at a great semi-upscale indian place called rasa--YUM.