Reload this Page >

Domaine de Bournissac

Search

Domaine de Bournissac

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 12:40 PM
Gayle

Domaine de Bournissac

Has anyone stayed at La Maison, Domaine de Bournissac? Any information is appreciated.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 10:26 AM
Diane Gould

I have not stayed there but have made reservations for May. THere is a wonderful review of the Domaine on the Rudymax sp? website. He is a travel personality on PBS television. The domaine is a bit procey,but I am splitting the cost with friend. They have been most helpful with all my inquires and I am looking forward to my stay.Diane Gould

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 11:56 AM
pam

Staying there in July. One of the fodorites wrote that they had one of the best meals of their life at this charming maison.<BR>They have been very accomodating to me so far and I look forward to the stay. I too read the Rudy Maxa review and chose to book.<BR>

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 08:03 AM
Di

I stayed it this property in Nov. 2001 and went back for another fantastic dinner in May 2002. I cannot say enough about this domaine. I checked out all the major places to stay in the St. Remy area once I got there, and I think the the best place, by far, is Domaine de Bournissac. The service is wonderful, the food even better. Our room was two stories (the upstairs loft was the sleeping area) with a huge bathtub/shower that was all handlaid mosaic tiles. The decor is absolutely lovely. All whites/creams/muted greys. Beautiful high-quality fabrics. The owner is an interior decorator, and it is is all done in the most exquisite antiques. If you think the interior is nice, the courtyards, pool area, and grounds are even more breathtaking. It feels like you could be on a movie set. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in this part of Provence. Before staying at Bournissac, I was considering places like Vallon de Valruges and Ousteau de Baumauniere. I'm so glad I got steered away from these properties -- which are nice enough -- but don't have the intimacy and attention to detail and beautiful outdoor spaces of Bournissac. It is charming and luxurious at the same time -- a hard combo to find.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Anthony

Gayle,<BR>It may have been me that commented about the great meal. Restaurant is called La Maison. It is part of the Domaine de Bournissac. Dine outdoors if you can. We did not stay at the hotel but everything other people have here was certainly indicated.<BR><BR>One minor thing--when we dined there last July it was little tricky to get to. It is off the main road and once you get near the property there is an entrance on to an unfinished road leading up to the hotel. Do not let this deter you. The panoramic view from the hotel alone is worth the effort.<BR><BR>Good luck.<BR><BR>

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 10:35 AM
pam

Di:<BR>I thank you so much for that report. I really have no clue what prompted me to even look at this hotel, except for the Rudy maxa excerpt. I was getting a little nervous about my choice recently and then I just read your post.<BR>I am really psyched now and hope I enjoy the Maison as much as you did.<BR>Thanks again!