Does this sound like it will work?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am finally going to realize a lifelong dream to go to Europe. We are going on a repositioning 14 day cruise from Miami that ends in Rome. We will be in Rome for almost 3 days and then I am planning to fly on EASYJET. I found a flight Rome to Venice for 60 euros. Price is for 2 people and 3 bags. We will stay in venice for 3 days as well and then I found an EASYJET flight from Venice to Paris for 83 euros price is for again 2 people and 3 bags. If i did my math right that is a total of about 230 us dollars total more or less??for both flights. I decided to try to do all this booking on my own as going through a travel agent was SUPER SUPER expensive on air France.PLEASE HELP....does this sound good???? Now my BIGGEST dilemma is getting home. Seems like one way flights from Paris to the U S are outrageous so i guess I book a round trip and not use the return? Please help I can fly to any city in U S as I have free tickets on Southwest to get back to my home. Would like to fly into Los Angeles. Thanks so very much.
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Original Poster

Sorry forgot to ask any reasonable ideas for hotel in Rome and Venice? Im not a 5 star kind of person so a bestwestern type will do. Please Help
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 06:49 AM

Use the train for the Rome-Venice segment of your trip. On the Eurostar high speed trains, this will take less than 4 hours and deposits you in Venice itself. No need to get to/from the airport.

As for your return flight, try getting a one way ticket to the US on Aer Lingus. I did this myself last year and found a Paris-Washington flight for $400. This was much cheaper than buying a round trip and not using the return. I think Air Berlin also flies from Dusseldorf to JFK and sells reasonable one ways. Aer Lingus flies to San Francisco, though, so it may be the better option for you.
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 08:41 AM

Best Westerns vary. On the US west coast they're nice motels; on the east coast they're not so nice. In Europe they're very nice, smaller hotels with lots of local character. And not so cheap.

Better you give us your budget. And/or look at www.tripadvisor.com for tons of reviews.
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 10:19 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I agree about taking the train from Rome to Venice. It will be easier,faster (3:48), but may cost slightly more (about 75€ per person for 2nd cl which is fine) although when you factor in the cost of getting to and from the airport in Rome and to and from the airport in Venice it will be closer in price.
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

Thankyou all so much I cked aerlingus it is so much cheaper am going to book NOW. I cked euro star and it tells me it does not go from Rome to Paris please help
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 11:11 AM

Eurostar in Italy is a level of fast train service that is part of the official train system. It has no relationship to the Eurostar train that travels between London and Paris. Use this link to see the official Italian train website:

http://trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html