Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Does Dan Dooley accept the MC MasterRental?

Old Dec 31st, 2004, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So when I booked my package trip through Aerlingus, the car rental agency listed is Dan Dooley. The agent that booked my trip verbally told me that if I used my MC I would not have to purchase the CDW. I took her word for it and followed up with MC to get something in writing. The letter I received reads "MasterRental Coverage continues to be available in the countries of Israel, Ireland and Jamaica." But it also reads, "We suggest that you check in with the foreign rental agency you will be using prior to your trip to determine their acceptance of your MasterRental coverage." Additionally, I just read in one of my tour books that some rental agencies don't accept MC for the CDW. So, does that mean I'm covered, or not? I'm afraid we're going to get there and have to pay an arm and a leg to for additional insurance because we didn't pay extra up front. I'm really concerned. Looking for experiences and issues relating to this. By the way, my card is a Platinun MC that I booked with, not a gold which I read about in another thread.
Old Dec 31st, 2004, 10:54 AM

Yale:

I've never used Dan Dooley but they are a major rental company in Ireland and I'm pretty sure that they do. They have a USA number which you can contact them yourself on. As much as I'm sure there is someone here that has used the MC agreement with them, I would call them anyway just to make sure nothing has changed. Here is the US number:
1800 331 9301

Have a great trip!!

Bill
Old Dec 31st, 2004, 11:28 AM

Ya know -- only Dan Dooley can answer this question for you. Fodors is a great site and the wealth of information amazes me sometimes - but for vital info like this you should go straight to the horse's mouth and not rely on a bunch of strangers on an internet forum. What if someone on here said "yes" and come to find out the answer is "no" . . . . .
Old Jan 1st, 2005, 02:32 AM

Dan Dooley is highly recommended on Pat Preston's Irish Expert website. There are many posts about them too. I booked my car rental with DD(for May 05) and Attracta Lyndon at DD could not have been more helpful. (Mention Pat's site for 10% off the rental.)I also talked to the mastercard people and they confirmed that I was covered by CDW though I will be requesting a specific letter in writing before I go.
Old Jan 1st, 2005, 05:00 AM

I used my MasterCard 2 years ago to waive CDW with Dan Dooley. No questions, no letter needed.