Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know about these hotels in Paris 9th district?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have any knowledge or recommendation for any of the following Paris hotels:
Geoffroy Marie Opera
The Pavillion Opera Bourse
The Tulip Inn Orange La Fayette,
The Pavillion Opera Grands Boulevards
The Brebant Hotel
Thanks!
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 08:51 PM

I stayed at the Brebant Hotel a long time ago! Back in 1993 or 1994. I remember it as quite nice. The best part was the metro stop right outside. The hotel was very close to the Opera House. There were some happening bars right across the street from the hotel also.
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 06:33 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your response. Does anyone have any knowledge of the other ones on the list? Any advice would be most helpful.
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

Also- any areas in the 9th that you'd avoid staying in?
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 11:36 AM

I'm sure Francophile will know, and she should see this post. She has a running tab on Paris hotels that is very useful.

I can't say as to the hotels in question, but there's nothing wrong with staying anywhere in the 9th arr., it's largely a business district, so you'd want to stay closer to the area around Opera, which is much more of interest to the tourist. Central Paris is in general, quite safe. The gendarme are everywhere.
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 01:17 PM

Hi Tab:

The only one I can comment on is the Geoffroy Marie Opera. I stayed there about a week ago. It's a bit further down on Geofrroy Marie, but it's easy to get to the main street.

The room I had was on the 6th floor and had a skylight window. I was able to see Sacre Coeur from the distance. I liked the place - room was big, two twin beds pushed together to create the double bed effect, the bathroom was a decent size. It was a tub with a shower head vs. a shower stall. It did come w/ a shower curtain.

The one thing I didn't like was the fact that they charged me 2 Euro per bag for them to watch while I was out exploring Paris.

Either the Pavillion Opera Bourse or the The Pavillion Opera Grands is very close to the Geoffroy Marie Opera. I remember seeing one on the corner, but can't remember which one.

As far as which area of the 9th to stay in, I agree with Spygirl's recommendation - stay close to the Opera. Close to the Geoffroy Marie Opera hotel is the Virgin Megastore, a Rex Theatre (movie), and the Hard Rock Cafe Paris, but that's about it as far as tourist things go.

Have fun!

TR
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks!