Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Does anyone go to Santorini who is not on a honeymoon?

Feb 27th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Original Poster

I am trying to plan a trip to Santorini with my two adult sons. I am having a hard time finding a hotel that offers a room with two beds in it for the boys. Do only couples and honeymooners go to Santorini? Are we going to feel terribly out of place there?
Feb 27th, 2008, 11:51 AM

Although Santorini has a reputation as a honeymoon destination, I doubt if 25% of people going to Santorini are on their honeymoon, if that many. It might just be the hotels you're looking at. If you let me know which village you prefer and what your daily room budget per person is, I will try to give you some good recommendations But be sure to do some research first so you can be specific.

You might have to contact the hotels using the email function to ask about two single beds in a room. Keep in mind that if they offer a "single" room rate it probably has two twin beds in it. With space at such a premium there it would be a business impracticality to just have a small room with only one bed in it.
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:00 PM

Hi Athena!

Instead of looking for a hotel room, how about a studio or apartment accommodation?

I'm going to Santorini in September (yipppeee - just got my hotels all locked in this week), and will be staying in a Standard Studio @ Strongili (wwww.oia-strongili-houses.gr).

Some others I checked out: Thea Studios, Aspa Villas, Blue Dolphin Apartments, Olympic villas. Do a search here and I'm sure you'll find more.

Hope this is helpful!

Regards,

Melodie
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:03 PM

My husband and I will be in Santorini in June and we've been married nearly thirty years so not really honeymooners anymore! Brotherleelove will have some excellent recommendations for you.
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:08 PM

I am going to Santorini in May with a friend and we aren't even a couple, let alone honeymooners. Lots of people go to Santorini for reasons other than romance and honeymoons.

There are plenty of places that offer a double room with two twin beds, and a triple room with three beds. I'm a little confused by your post regarding exactly what you are looking for, and you don't mention a price range, but there are options at all price points.
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:09 PM

PS. I am also staying at Strogili Houses in Oia, and they definitely offer studios and cave houses with 2 and 3 beds.

I believe Melodie's link above is wrong, and this should work:

www.oia-strogili-houses.gr