Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Does Anyone Else Belong to the Maximiles Program?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2005, 12:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having trouble booking trains from Paris to Périgueux and back in March and getting my Maximiles credit for them. I found good PREM fares between Paris and Bordeaux both ways and good connections on the TER to/from Périgueux, but I can't figure out how to make sure I get credit for my Maximiles.

At the bottom of the screen there's a place where you can enter any special programs you belong to or any discounts you're entitled to, but Maximiles isn't listed (there is one called S'Miles - I tried that and then it asked me to enter my code number, but I don't have a code number).

Does anyone else belong to the program and have definitive directions for how I can get credit for the miles when I purchase SNCF tickets?
Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 01:25 AM

Hi StCirq,
I'm a maximiles user as well and usually have no problem. Have you tried going to sncf website through maximiles.com ?
or try here directly I can see the maximiles sign at the bottom of the page.
http://www.voyages-sncf.com/

I've just found this could be interesting:
Information importante :

Suite à une décision de la SNCF, depuis le 1er juillet 2005, lors de votre achat de billets de train sur voyages-sncf.com, si vous déclarez avoir une des cartes suivantes :
- Carte Escapades
- Carte 15/25
- Carte Senior
- Carte Grand Voyageur
Vous ne pourrez plus bénéficier de vos points Maximiles.
Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply, Coco.

Yes, I've tried going to the SNCF site through maximiles.com. I understand I can't get the Maximiles if I hold one of those discount cards - but I don't.

What's missing when I go to buy PREM tickets is any place I can enter my Maximiles "identifiant." You don't automatically get credit for the miles, because I didn't in August when I took trains from Paris to Périgueux, Agen to Avignon, Avignon to Lyon, and Lyon to Paris. I don't want to keep taking train rides without getting my mileage credits, but I'm finding it really perplexing figuring out how to make sure I do.
Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 08:41 AM

1. Nous vous offrons des maximiles en fonction du montant de votre achat sur la base de 1 maximile pour 1 €(1), si vous choisissez l'un des 2 modes de retrait suivants au moment de votre achat :
Recevoir gratuitement par courrier vos billets de train.
Imprimer vous-même vos billets "Prem's" ou "Offre de Dernière Minute"
Obviously it works if they send you the tickets or if you print them. I tried to check but I had to fill in the form with my address so I didn't go on, but I didn't see the maximiles sign either.
You should try to contact them ( [email protected]) and send them attached your invoices and ask them why it is not working anymore....

good luck!
coco
Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 01:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, coco. I will definitely contact them. I didn't get any credit for any of the train trips I took in August despite the fact that I printed all the tickets except the one from Agen to Avignon. The miles are supposed to be credited within 24 hours of online purchase, but to date I've received nothing.

I'll contact them and let you know....
Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 12:26 AM

I have bought at least 10 Prem's tickets in last years and always printed myself and I have gotten so far 250 maximiles points (maximiles letters I receive says so) without doing anything particular at each perchase. So it looks like an automatic thing to me.