Do you prefer vacationing in Europe

Aug 27th, 2003, 09:59 AM
Original Poster

Do you prefer vacationing in Europe

over Asia and why?
Aug 27th, 2003, 10:33 AM
dln

That's an apples and oranges question that can't properly be answered as phrased.

Aug 27th, 2003, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Hi,
How should I have phrase it for more responses?

Aug 27th, 2003, 11:12 AM

Hi MySelena:

I've never traveled in Asia, but I wanted to respond.

I live in the US and prefer to travel in Europe because it is cheaper to travel abroad than it is here as least from my experiences.

I'm 50 and want to travel in Europe now. Hopefully, I will always be in good health, but I believe it would be easier to travel in the US when I get older.

Rita
Aug 27th, 2003, 11:15 AM

It is hard to answer your question MySelena.. Europe and Asia are two words apart, culture, ways of life etc..,I had the fortune to live in Taipei years ago, and I am always thankful for that, because when I was a teenager, I dreamed often to visit the fabulous Orient, however, Europe is still my number one place to go.
Aug 27th, 2003, 11:28 AM

I'm with dln on this one. The question really isn't answerable. Asia is HUGE, Europe is huge, there as many different reasons people travel to one or the other as there are people. Maybe if you tell us WHY you want this feedback maybe folks will know how to answer.
Aug 27th, 2003, 11:30 AM

I prefer travelling period, any time any where...but if I have my druthers, I love going to Europe. Never been to Asia.
Aug 27th, 2003, 11:34 AM

I know lots of people say Thailand, Vietnam, China, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore are all perfectly safe destinations, but for whatever reason they all seem "scarier" to me than most European destinations (outside of say Russia or the Ukraine). So it's a mental mindset.
Aug 27th, 2003, 11:40 AM

Let's see. Does California count as "Asia"? Read that there are more asian people here then anywhere else.
Aug 27th, 2003, 11:41 AM

I agree about apples and oranges. I love them both, and Mexico, too! Still feel there are so many places I want to go, both in Europe and Asia and Latin America.

Very personal opinion, but I prefer the food in Europe (except Germany) to that in Asia (except Japan). OTOH, Asia is a lot more exotic which I love.
Aug 27th, 2003, 12:20 PM
wj1

I prefer Asia. On my vacations I like to feel as far away from home as possible and want to experience cultures and see things that are very different from what I have here at home. Asia is generally more exotic than Europe and and I have found that experiencing the Eastern way of doing things and thinking gives me a better insight and perspective of my Western views. Europe is more similar to the U.S. than Asia is to the U.S. It helps remind me that the Western way of doing things is not the only way. Besides, the people in many parts of Asia are the friendliest that I have ever met, the shopping is the best, and the food (particularly Thai and Vietnamese) can't be beat. It's a horribly long flight but I figure I want to do the toughest most adventurous trips before age and health catch up to me. When I reach that point, I'll go for the cruises.

Of course, I still love traveling to Europe. I generally only get one big trip a year and it has alternated between Europe one year and Asia the next, with an occasional Africa or South America trip thrown in. I expect that since this question is posted on the Europe Board, most of the answers will be in favor of Europe.

Search this Thread