Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Do all London hotels charge for kids? Other options? Suggestions?to stay in London with kids? Most hotels appear to charge for kids stay in

Search

Do all London hotels charge for kids? Other options? Suggestions?to stay in London with kids? Most hotels appear to charge for kids stay in

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 12:55 PM
jerrylee

My wife and I are heading for London in March with our daughter(13)and Japanese exchange student(17).I've noticed nearly all London hotels charge for kids in the same room? Are there exceptions? How do you find them? Are all-suite hotels available? or are two rooms the only way to go? Suggestions? Recommendations? Kudos.

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 02:23 PM
anna

If you will be there for several days, consider renting an apartment. Get the booklet "City Apartments" from the BTA or do a search for "London apartments" or "London Short Lets". It's the only way to go if you have kids. More space to spread out, usually a washer/dryer, kitchen to make breakfast/lunch/snacks/etc. TV not in the bedroom if your group contains both night owls and early birds.

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 03:06 PM
Kathi

Go to www.innsite.com. My husband and I just booked a coach house in London for 2 weeks and a nonsmoking, well-located hotel in Rome for 2 weeks. There's a lot from which to choose, and it gives information about domestic as well as international lodging. The prices are excellent. <BR> <BR>Good luck!

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 03:32 PM
Lesli

Try a search here for "kids london" and you will find LOTS of info! There are definitely hotels with "family" rooms or suites; your choices will depend upon your budget. One less expensive choice that has received good feedback is the Travel Inn chain.

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 03:42 PM
gb

Some Forte Travelodges have family rooms. I'm not sure of downtown London hotels, but the FT on the south side of Thames has one.

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 05:06 PM
Rex

Forgive me for straying (slightly) from your actual question - - but in Ireland, virtually all hotels charge by the person rather than by the room. The Jurys chain specifically markets their pricing policy as by the room, rather than by the person - - and in doing so, is specifically trying to target to families with kids. <BR> <BR>Looking at their website, I am finding it hard to tell if they offer the same pricing policy at their London properties or not - - though they use this same phrase as I saw on their Jurys Christchurch hotel in Dublin "All rooms accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children". <BR> <BR> <BR>