Marco Polo Airport to Venice

Feb 5th, 2001, 08:05 AM
Kathy

Marco Polo Airport to Venice

We (my husband, my four year old son and I)are arriving at Marco Polo Airport in Venice afer traveling 14 hours from San Francisco. We will have one big bag, one carry on bag, two back packs and a car seat. My question is what mode of transportation should we take to our hotel--Accademia Pensione in Dorsodura. Should we splurge and rent a water taxi? How and where do we pick up the transportation.

Feb 5th, 2001, 09:35 AM
Beth

Both the water taxi and vaparetto are just outside the airport. The Vaparetto is just a bit further but easy to find. We had quite a bit of luggage on our first trip but the vaparetto was still easy. You can take a cart out to the loading area. You may want to find an ATM right when you get off your flight and then you will have Lira and be ready to go.

Feb 5th, 2001, 12:13 PM
dale

take the boat. (the line's name begins with al). buy tickets (L17,000 per) right in the airport, walk a few hundred feet to the clearly marked pier. tell the mate that you want to get off at Zatteri (sp?) since it is the stop after s. marco and is not a stop unless you ask. your should be within easy walking distance to your pensione.

Feb 5th, 2001, 02:45 PM
Dona

Kathy,
It's a matter of finance. I love taking a water taxi into Venice because not only is it a wonderful way to see Venice, but it's so convenient, particularly with a child and the luggage. But it is expensive (the good news is that you don't have to tip the driver!)

Whatever you choose, enjoy Venice - it's my favorite...

Dona

Feb 5th, 2001, 05:09 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Kathy
The vaporetto from Marco Polo goes to the Lido and then to the vaporetto
stop S. Marco. and takes about 75 mins.
from there you would have to take the
another vaporetto to the Accademia stop
and then walk south about 2 to 3 blocks
the the Pensione Accademia Villa Maragegie. See www.actv.it/ingelse/
preservizi.htm. For vaporetto schedules
and www.veniceairport.it and the water taxi from the airport to your hotel would be about 120,000 ITL, but think
this is still the best bet.
Richard of La Grange Park, Il...