Reload this Page >

Discount quality bed linens in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 08:27 AM
andi

Leaving Saturday!!!!!! I'm redoing my bedroom, would love to buy a gorgeous quality comforter and sheets in Paris. I doubt I can afford Descamps or Porthault even in Paris (have only checked New York prices and they're sky high, so they're probably still pretty way up there in France). Any brands that are just one notch below (don't need to be dirt cheap) and places to find them or discount places for above brands?

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 09:02 AM
ditto

ttt

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 09:58 AM
Christina

I doubt if you'll find Porthault at a discount store. Or Descamps or Yves Delorme, I guess that's out. I'd suggest you just go to the bed linen depts. of the dept. stores Samaritaine or BHV, I think they have good selections in that area. There are several high-end shops on rue St-Sulpice, rue du Bac, rue St-Dominique, in that area, for household stuff, including linens. You could look at Catherine Memmi on rue St-Sulpice, Maison de Famille is nearby -- she's a hot designer for a lot of stuff now but I am not impressed, too dull for me. If nobody comes up with better suggestions, I'd go to the dept. stores.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 02:42 PM
CJ

I bought some beautiful linens at Printemps (dept. store) once. I bet Galleries Lafayette would have nice linens too.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 07:29 PM
xxx

Take the measurements of your bed. The sizes aren't the same as in the US.