Discount London Theatre Tickets

Old Apr 11th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Original Poster

Discount London Theatre Tickets

Generally, are the matinee tickets (already discounted to 50% off the evening ticket price) offered at the "half price" offerings? Specifically, we are interested in seeing the matinee performance of Stomp on Thursday, July 6. Any comments/suggestions?
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Neopolitan

First, you do realize that it is only the Thursday matinee that is half priced? (I do see that's the day you want to see it).
I don't think those tickets are further discounted at the TKTS booth. You might want to check this Thursday and see what price the TKTS booth offers them at. Go here and take a look on Thursday:

http://tinyurl.com/zrc3w

Meanwhile TheatreMonkey.com is offering all other tickets (except Fri. and Sat. nights) at half price as well. But that offer extends only until May 31.

I would suggest waiting until June and see what's happening. It is my guess that tickets will be available at nearly all performances for half price. Meanwhile, theatremonkey may extend their offer.

Old Apr 11th, 2006, 08:19 PM

If you really want tickets for a specific show on a particular date at the time of your choice, the best bet is to just book online.

Otherwise, take your chances at the official ticket booth...where you may get lucky, or you may not for "half price" seats/tickets.
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Neopolitan

I would agree with that last post, but I certainly wouldn't book for Stomp now for July seats, since they will likely be doing half price in advance. Currently tickets are readily available for all shows and mostly at half price in advance, so it would be downright wasteful to spend top dollar this far ahead. Now if you were talking about Billy Elliott or Mary Poppins, that would be another matter!

Old Apr 11th, 2006, 09:01 PM

I got a great 5th row ticket for half price from the TKTS booth the day of performance for a Thursday night. I saw Les Mis although The Producers and just about everything else was also available, but this was during the winter...